CDN Cruisers Help with Travel Insurance

sabookkeeper

I have two cruises booked for next year, however, due to heart failure I have just had a pace maker implanted. Now I am trying to find out if I will still be able to get travel insurance. Doctors are still playing with medications but I am sure this will be all worked out before my first scheduled cruise in February.

I am hoping that there are Canadian cruisers out there with the same medical problems that can lead me to insurance companies that will still give me travel insurance.

I have some serious health issues and have found a company based out of BC that covers ( at least my issues ) with a 7 day stable prior to cover pre-existing condition....you could give them a call...they are now called Tugo and their number is 1-800-663-0399...i'm not sure if I am allowed to post a name, so I apologize if I'm not. Good luck!

We both have health issues. Buying health insurance for our trips is costly.

My husband has a pace maker also. We get travel insurance. We do a lot of searching on the web to get the best deal. Just take the time to call. You will need to be stabilized for 90 days or more before your trip.

Hope this helps

Check with Princess platinum coverage if you have cruised with them enough to get the upgraded coverage. Were Canadian and use there coverage, check there pre-existing conditions I think its 90 days, also you can cancel for any reason. We have had to use it once and it worked fine. We also have other coverage from work and credit cards. Be sure to understand the fine print. Some companys won't cover you if you buy the insurance after paying the deposit for the cruise. We have shopped around and prices seem pretty close, make sure to compare what each company's break down of coverage is. Getting air lifted off a cruise ship is very expensive, also some foreign counties demand payment up front like a visa card. We also have med jet which will get you home once you are well enough to travel.

Try contacting Steve (or one of his assistants) at the Trip Insurance Store, 888-407-3854 or 816-282-6858 (tripinsurancestore dot com). He will be glad to explain your options and answer all of your questions, even if you don't buy from him.

Try contacting Steve (or one of his assistants) at the Trip Insurance Store, 888-407-3854 or 816-282-6858 (tripinsurancestore dot com). He will be glad to explain your options and answer all of your questions, even if you don't buy from him.

Thanks, will give him a call.

Darlene