Internet on escape ?

riekl

So it's now July and I've seen no evidence or posts about increased bandwidth? Anyone have any updates or was this a false flag by ncl?

I'd like to know also. I'm on the Escape 8/20, and plan to get the unlimited WIFI. I will not be happy if it's slow!:(

So it's now July and I've seen no evidence or posts about increased bandwidth? Anyone have any updates or was this a false flag by ncl?

Just off the Escape last week. No evidence of any change or improvement as yet. My understanding is that it is scheduled to happen in July.

Having been tortured by escapes Internet for 5 days now I can safely say it is the worst internet on any cruise ship I have been on the past 5 years. Oasis/allure even pre upgrade blew it away and post upgrade its not even close. Princess also exceeds in this area.

What is insulting is despite being the worst performing product of the three lines it is also the most expensive! Not a good combination.

Sorry to hear about that for the Escape, did you run the Speedtest while connected to the ship's WiFi - inTRAnet or while "live" with the inTERnet ... while the upload clearly looked throttled badly, the download is comparable as land-based turbo/quantum speed for cable/Fios.

I measured it on the Breakaway in late May, upload was around 20 MBps but download timed out with error. Yours seemed to suggested something is in the works, maybe still in "beta"

d3ce678a75fa77a15d9f2aaadb2ecdb8.jpg

1f92822ff805c68e7ec43a85d68b17b8.jpg

And, this story came out last Friday - http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/travel/cruise-ships-with-the-best-wi-fi/index.html

:D

Edited by mking8288