Underwater Cameras

Truebliss72

I plan to take one with me this time. They were around $20 on the ship. So $14 is a bit cheaper. Haven't researched the prices yet.

Just ordered 2 from the bookclub at work.$10 each which I thought was good.I think I paid $22 for 1 in cairns last year.Probably not an option for truebliss if you leave soon.

We've taken one each on our cruises and they have been great. Picked ours up at Priceline for $15 so yep $14 sounds reasonable. The only thing we noticed with the underwater cameras was that if you were up close the colours came out great, bright and clear, but if you were a couple of feet away then it was not so bright with colour. Trial and error I guess. Once we realised, it was easy to rectify. Good luck with it all.

I picked up two camera's a while ago for $12 each. You need to check the use by date on them as they only last 12 - 18 months.

I think you need to get pretty close to fish or coral or whatever it is you are photographing because they have no zoom and are a wide lens. I reckon then have the focus locked to a short range too.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late for Anissa now, but for anyone else...

Keepcruising bought a waterproof camera on their trip on the Sun. It was either $20 or $25. It included the first processing and is not a disposable one. You can buy the 35mm film and reuse. May be a better deal than the disposable ones.

Bit late for Anissa now, but for anyone else...

Keepcruising bought a waterproof camera on their trip on the Sun. It was either $20 or $25. It included the first processing and is not a disposable one. You can buy the 35mm film and reuse. May be a better deal than the disposable ones.

Thanks for that info Aussie, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Karen

Archived