Any sweet red wines to be found on Regent?

We've sailed approx 190 days on Regent since March '15 - Voyager and Mariner - and did not see any sweet reds either on the complimentary or for-purchase list. Closest you may get would be a white Zin, or if any Kosher wines happen to be on board those may suffice. I had the u fortunate experience of having to take antibiotics for 10 days on our South America voyage this year...no alcohol during that time , so the sommelier said they had Fre (non-.alcoholic wine brand) available in red/white/sparkling varieties. Tasted more like sweeter wines to me..such that I had to add fresh limes to make them palatable and get me thru those days until I could get back to the real thing. Hope this helps.

Edited by Kwaj girl

I love sweet wine, particularly sweet red wines, which are pretty hard to find. My favorites are Lambrusco and Roscato. Just curious if there are any sweeter red wines to be found on Regent?

Sweet red wine doesn't do it for me, but you might like to try a sherry (not dry), madeira or port. You may be better off with whites such as a French sauterne, German riesling (ask your sommelier), Hungarian Tokay, or Canadian icewine. These are generally considered dessert wines (except for the riesling), but heck, drink what you like when you like.

You can call Regent (or go through your TA) to request your special wine(s) but you must do so 60-90 days prior to your cruise (depending upon where in the world you embark). Otherwise, the above suggestions are good ones!

You can call Regent (or go through your TA) to request your special wine(s) but you must do so 60-90 days prior to your cruise (depending upon where in the world you embark). Otherwise, the above suggestions are good ones!

Would I ask for a specific department? Or request this through the general questions/reservations agents?

Would I ask for a specific department? Or request this through the general questions/reservations agents?

I haven't actually requested a special wine but have read posts from several people that have done it successfully. I would start with whoever answers the phone ....... they should transfer you to the person you need to speak with. Please let us know what they said. Thanks!