What do you do with all your Carnival cruise photos?

crooooze

We might end up with 150 or so. I go through them and delete similar ones or bad (fuzzy, etc) ones. I then rename them and file them on my computer. I then copy to a thumb drive and give it to my wife, who prints out maybe 25 of here favorite at the Costco and puts them in a photo albums that she is keeping for each of our sons.

Since my hunny is a professional photographer, we take several thousand a day. I am a so-so photographer but I take lots and have fun doing it, last cruise I made a few slideshow videos and put them on Youtube (example of one

) and I make shutterfly books for each cruise too. I steal some of the good ones my hunny takes for the shutterfly books. Last cruise we went with my brothers family so I made them copies of the books. I also use my coke rewards to get free books from Shutterfly. They only cost shipping and my mom is a cokeaholic so I get lots of coke rewards points.

I love the collage ideas too, my hunny makes one, where it's a bunch of shots in one picture, but I love the frame idea.

• 2 weeks later...

We print off the best shots that we feel show the highlights of the trip and together with our boarding passes, maybe a luggage tag, S&S cards, a fun times, the itinerary, and any other descriptive memento we want to keep, it goes into a scrapbook that tells the story of that trip.

We have many books at this point, but it is so exciting to go through them and see milestones (like a trip where we leveled up on loyalty or our first suite etc.) or relive a special occasion. Or just play "remember when they used to do this or that" or watching our son grow from a toddler to a teenager on many different ships.

One thing for sure happens every time we pull a scrapbook out to relive those moments, we seem to book another cruise within that week :rolleyes:, cant help it!

Funny you should ask this. Just yesterday we decided to clean out stuff that has accumulated over the years. DH brought me boxes of photos to go through to decide what to keep and what to pitch. I found cruise photos dating back to 1968 and Carnival photos dating back to 1985. We haven't looked at them in all these years. We kept the pictures of our adult sons when they were kids and will give them their pictures when we next see them. They can decide whether to keep them or throw them out.

I've already answered that I do books also (I usually use york photo). This year I want to make some shadow boxes, with some sand, a picture, maybe some shells we pick up. Something similar to this.. Beach-Shadow-Box.jpg

I'll also make another book, plus a copy for my parents and niece. (I'm sure that will be their Christmas present). Hopefully a video like seashine posted. My goal is to add photos and videos we take into one really cool video to share.

And... I am going to make a personlized Cruise-opoly board. I'll use pictures for the property cards, etc.

We do several things with our pictures.

For the pictures we purchase from the ship, (and those that I take...which I take thousands as well during each cruise) I make a scrapbook for each ship. Now when I say scrapbook, I'm talking novel scrapbook. LOL It's so thick that I have to take the spine part out and I use shoe strings to put it all together. :D

THEN, I also take a lot of my pictures and make a digital scrapbook for each cruise too (using shutterfly).

It may sound obsessive but we treasure our cruising and travels and I'm an "older" mom. My own mother passed away when I was a teen and with me being the same age as she was when I had my last child, I do this for her. Some day she'll be able to go back and remember all the wonderful times we had together. :)

Thanks to digital cameras, we usually come home from a 7 day cruise with nearly 1000 pictures. We take pictures of virtually anything and everything. We used to just dump them on our PC, look at them a couple of times and forget about them.

Now we go through them as soon as we get home, pick out 10-20 favorite ones, print them, and put them in one of those hanging photo collage frames.

218a810e42e4e2226ee260af8a6a7d42.jpg

We decorated our entire foyer wall with these... makes for great conversation with visiting friends and relatives.

What do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Put the best ones in an album.

Thanks to digital cameras, we usually come home from a 7 day cruise with nearly 1000 pictures. We take pictures of virtually anything and everything. We used to just dump them on our PC, look at them a couple of times and forget about them.

Now we go through them as soon as we get home, pick out 10-20 favorite ones, print them, and put them in one of those hanging photo collage frames.

218a810e42e4e2226ee260af8a6a7d42.jpg

We decorated our entire foyer wall with these... makes for great conversation with visiting friends and relatives.

What do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing!