How is Moody gardens hotel? or others with bar

George C

We can not seem to book our favorite hotels for just 1 night ( Hilton and San Luis) I see we could get Moody Gardens for 229, we want a nice place with bar and restaurant before cruise. Or we could book something around Hobby like we did on last 2 cruises

Did you try holiday inn resort next to San Luis and owned by same .

Moody Gardens is one of top hotels in Galveston along with SanLuis, Hilton , Harbor house, Galvez , and Tremont .

We've stayed at the Moody Gardens before and I would probably stay there again. It was clean, comfortable and the staff was pleasant. If you are just staying there for one night before your cruise I would think it is a good choice. I wouldn't make it my destination for a longer vacation. Can't quite put my finger on it but something about the decor and furnishings seemed to just miss the mark.

Our pre cruise favorite is the Harbor House. The rooms are huge, very comfortable. The restaurants nearby are very good. For us the best part is being able to walk down to the cruise terminal and board. HH allows cruise parking and you don't have to mess with shuttles.

Edited by DreadPirateRobert

I second The Harbor House. They usually have the 2 night minimum, but if you CALL the hotel, sometimes they wave that and sometimes you can get a cheaper rate also, depending on occupancy. The best thing is you can wake up and see your ship arrive in the morning, looking out your window.

Their breakfast is carb laden, with no meat or eggs. Mostly pastries and cereals.

I second The Harbor House. They usually have the 2 night minimum, but if you CALL the hotel, sometimes they wave that and sometimes you can get a cheaper rate also, depending on occupancy. The best thing is you can wake up and see your ship arrive in the morning, looking out your window.

Their breakfast is carb laden, with no meat or eggs. Mostly pastries and cereals.

Another consideration. And I do like Harbor House on port with restaurant choices right there.

Doubletree on Seawall across street from Beach and Gulf of Mexico with palapa bar!

We live in Galveston. Ask questions if you like!

image.jpg.f4502e8ab32a6dfe3bb7c2385e6d2565.jpg

Edited by ssb