El Yunque rainforest tour help!

Ejak927

My husband son and I will be in San Juan 2 days post cruise- we are very interested in a guided tour of the rainforest with moderate to mild ability as my son is only going to be 5. Found a great option but we are looking to it the rainforest on a Sunday and it seems that tour does not run on Sunday's- any recommendation would be much appreciated!

My husband son and I will be in San Juan 2 days post cruise- we are very interested in a guided tour of the rainforest with moderate to mild ability as my son is only going to be 5. Found a great option but we are looking to it the rainforest on a Sunday and it seems that tour does not run on Sunday's- any recommendation would be much appreciated!

Bump. My wife and I are also interested in the rainforest. We got married in PR and were so busy we didn't get to do much as tourists. We have two days pre-cruise to fill as well.

contact Ellis for a great tour. He will customize it for you. YOu can email him at fleisherellis@aol.com or look him up on Craigslist:

http://puertorico.craigslist.org/trv/5655684797.html?lang=en&cc=us

or he is on facebook:

http://facebook.com/EllisPRTours

We have used him twice and can't say enough good things about him.

We thought about it but with only have 2 days in San Juan I want to make sure we see as much as we can, also I've heard although they have maps some trails can be very challenging and we have a 5 year old coming with us. We ended up booking with Ellis tour and he sounds very dependable- thanks for the recommendations!

What about doing a tour on your own? I have read about people renting a car and driving around yourself...but are there any "maps" out there that show you a driving tour to do on your own?

We rented a car from Avis at the cruise port, and did the Rainforest on our own. We had a map, and some directions to specific trails that lead to waterfalls. It was several years ago. There were some local folks(rainforestgirl, and RayinPR) who answered many questions, but I don't think they have posted recently.

Try this thread for info:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=981643&highlight=rayinpr

Edited by topspot