Claim for out of pocket expenses.

Saz

Hi Scrapnana,

Here is QE at the Ocean Terminal:

The Ocean Terminal Southampton

with you either safely on board, or waiting in the Ocean Terminal.

I suspect waiting as they commenced boarding just when I arrived, and I waited to see two friends off, in the warmth of the building, until almost the last coach arrrived from the staduim, before making my way outside to take a few shots and wave "Bon Voyage!".

To think, I missed a chance to meet you in the Ocean Terminal! So sorry. But the terminal was crowded!:

The Ocean Terminal Southampton

Best wishes to you Scrapnana :)

Thanks for the pictures, Pepper! Who knew you were there at the same time - what a small world!

Luckily, I was not one of those waiting at the terminal. From what I understand, some people did not get the message (or, perhaps, chose to ignore it;)) about the delay and were dropped off at the Ocean Terminal (I did not realize how many until I saw your photo:eek:). By the time our bus arrived from the stadium we were able to walk right up and get registered. I think the people working the computers that day were excellent and I was through in maybe two minutes (or less).

Thanks for the pictures, Pepper! Who knew you were there at the same time - what a small world! Luckily, I was not one of those waiting at the terminal. From what I understand, some people did not get the message (or, perhaps, chose to ignore it;)) about the delay and were dropped off at the Ocean Terminal (I did not realize how many until I saw your photo:eek:). By the time our bus arrived from the stadium we were able to walk right up and get registered. I think the people working the computers that day were excellent and I was through in maybe two minutes (or less).
Hi Scrapnana,

Very pleased you didn't have to hang around at the terminal! Everyone seemed resigned to waiting. My friends said "we're away for nearly four months, what's a few hours?".

Well done on going through in 2 minutes; we were there for over two hours.

We went to the stadium and dropped off bags (they were loaded straight on a van and were taken within seconds to the terminal). We then walked to the Hythe Ferry and had a walk around Hythe (and Waitrose supermarket for clotted cream to take on board) and then lunch in the Lord Nelson (as I said). Then we saw QE arrive (took loads of photos). Then, late afternoon we took the ferry back and walked to the Ocean Terminal.

By the sound of things I was leaving or had left the terminal by time you arrived. I went right down by the bow.

So sorry to have missed the pleasure and honour of meeting you at last! Drat! So sorry.

I do hope our paths cross again one day, hopefully on board QM2 (or QE, or QV :D )

Sincere best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

It seems as if there is no harm in asking Cunard the question.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hello Host Hattie,Pepperrn, Tangoll, Scrapnana et. al.,

It gives me a great deal of pleasure to inform you that Cunard have graciously agreed to compensate me for the balance of the portion deducted from my insurance claim and for this I am truly grateful.

Thank you all for your opinions and advice.

Well done Cunard/Carnival.

Cheers,

SAZ.