Just Came back...Spa Services Complaint

From a clinical evidence based practice perspective the pseudo-bull****-science that all the toxin narrative mumbo jumbo is 'based' on needs to be challenged. I teach evidence based practice at university and never tire of exposing the lack evidence to back up all these claims....

I have a "free spa treatment" on my upcoming Anthem cruise. Is the tip included in this? Anyone have any experience with what it covers?

I really don't want an upsell and will use the "No sales pitch or no tip" but not sure that applies here.

I have a "free spa treatment" on my upcoming Anthem cruise. Is the tip included in this? Anyone have any experience with what it covers?

I really don't want an upsell and will use the "No sales pitch or no tip" but not sure that applies here.

We had a "free" spa treatment coupon from our travel agent once. Ours was good for some specific about of money, I think $120, and could be applied to any treatment. Talk to the spa people, they will tell you the value.

And this is why I do not do ANY spa treatment while on a cruise. First and foremost, they are over priced and second, I don't want to be hassled while I am getting what should be a relaxing treatment. I've always thought that they were not paid on commission, but sometimes the stories I hear lead me to believe that maybe they get bonuses for upsells.

I have no problem telling anyone "NO" and am a really good negotiator while in port shops, but when it comes to a spa, I don't want to have to be that way.

The PRODUCTS are how they make a profit.....all you need to do is say beforehand...."I'm looking forward to the massage, but I will NOT be buying ANY products, so please don't give me a sales pitch"! That should stop it!

A $100 treatment probably has a gross profit of 90%. Retail is typically quite a bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A tip I learned many cruises back. When you are filling out your form prior to your treatment, write very clearly in large letters: NOT INTERESTED IN ANY PRODUCTS, ONLY MY TREATMENT.~Thank you.

This has worked very well many times for my husband and I. In fact, they never even mention the products and one even told me she appreciated me making that comment so she didn't waste her time or my time. All of our treatments have been great so it didn't compromise that either.

:p

I HATE upsell sales pitches, whether at the ship spa or anywhere else. I have learned when the intake paperwork asks what "concerns" I'm having, I just put "relaxation," and as soon as they start the sales pitch I firmly say I'm not interested. I think I will put "NOT BUYING PRODUCTS" on the intake paperwork from now on. That's a good idea.

We had a really great experience with the Spa on Liberty. Agent provided excursion was for port days only. Wife didn't want to worry about rushing back for it from port so booked it in the morning. They called when we over slept and offered us an opportunity to rebook well after sailing.

I had a manicure/pedicure on Allure in May. I didn't get the upsell. I also don't talk a lot during my treatment, maybe that has something to do wit it.

Nails don't have wrinkles or blotchy skin.:D There aren't the volumes of products for nails that there are for the face.;) The manicurist I had talked lots but it was a few interesting things about the crew.:)

Slightly off topic but my niece had an up do for formal night. The hairdresser asked if she wanted some rhinestone clips added. She said sure, how much could a couple cost? When she got her bill, she found out how much...$80!

When you fill out the pre-service questionnaire, clearly write [and underline] the words "No Product Sales" at the top of the form and bring it to the attention of the Receptionist or Therapist to whom the form is returned with a comment that non-compliance with your request is unacceptable...

On the very rare occasion when such request is missed or ignored, a quick reference to the initial request has always stopped the "sales spiel" immediately...

Great idea! I always tell the massage therapist that I'm not interested in any sales pitch, but I never thought to do this!