Best advice?

terri1020

Gathering info for a family cruise out of NYC, NJ, Phily or Blatimore for week of July 2, 2006. Need at least seven cabins for at least 15 family members from 15 months old to 80 years old. We would like to keep cost down below $1100 pp for at least 7 days. Am I looking for something that doesn't exist? (no Canada)

I think it's feasible. Input your criteria into various internet web sites and see what you come up with. If you can get that allusive 8th cabin and you'd like to share the "wealth" most (if not all) of the cruise lines will give you one free passenger at the cost of the lowest cost cabin. In other words, if you book 8 cabins and 2 are suites, 2 are balconies, 2 are ocean view and 2 are inside and the inside cabins cost you $1,000pp then you'll get $1,000 off the total cost if they're all linked, which I would imagine you would want, as you'll want to have your dinner seating assignment together, etc. If you choose, you can divvee (sp?) that savings up amongst all of you, or since you seem to be the coordinator and will likely do all the research you could take that savings and apply it to your cabin. However, remember this, if you book 7 cabins at first and then ADD 1 or two later, you will NOT get the savins. I know. It happened to me.:cool:

Good Luck, I don't think finding something in your price range will be too hard if you don't elliminate cruise line options and itinerary options.

4th of July week is one of the highest price cruises (other then Christmas & New years)

Find a good agent that deals with Cruises and ask about the group programing. You want to see if you can get the most for your group. (carnival does the most with amenites with low down payments)

I think your best bet is to call a TA that specializes in group bookings. They might be able to give you choices and options that fit your price range and in your date range.

I agree with Serene that your problem may be your date. That is a very popular week so prices will automatically be higher. Plus cruises from the northeast are priced higher because they are extra popular since people can drive to them.

We are paying $479 for 7 days on Carnival's Glory, Nov. 5th. Inside but on deck 9, the pool and buffet deck. We're payng $850 for 11 days on NCL Majesty over New Years. We have a great TA who only does cruises! She saved a co-worker $2,000 vs. a local travel agent. We did Carnival's Legend for $399, 8 days. Also did top balcony on Princess for about $800, 7 days. Unless you book suites, you certainly should be able to pay under $1100 per person. You NEVER pay what's in their catalogue!!!!!! If you email me directly, I'll give you info about Ann, our TA and how to get in touch with her. I'm at bonniejns@hotmail.com - subject, 'cruises'. Ann does a lot of groups! Know she can help you. And did you know that the person organizing a group may get a free cabin? It depends on how many people/cabins that are booked. Ann can tell you about this too!

Archived