Which airport for the DAWN?

Nath

Which airport is best?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which airport is best?

We just returned from the Majesty to Bermuda and while onboard we took advantage of an onboard credit for a future cruise on the Dawn from New York (10-day eastern caribbean). Could you please indicate which airport would be easier to arrive: LGA or JFK or EWR?

We booked one of those AFT Balcony cabins (BA category) and can't wait to go back! Well, another year or so to wait...

Thank you Shoreguy. We have booked cabin 10730 and was not able to get onto your webshot to look at your pictures of the cabin. Is there any way you can send me some pictures of that particular stateroom?

Thanks for your kind help, you are very useful to this board :-))

Thank you Shoreguy. We have booked cabin 10730 and was not able to get onto your webshot to look at your pictures of the cabin. Is there any way you can send me some pictures of that particular stateroom?

Thanks for your kind help, you are very useful to this board :-))

Interior the same as any balcony cabin. The differnce is the size of the balcony - here is a shot from seahorse's cabin.

ABAFT.jpg.02b592310f3615025fece6a85b01eae5.jpg

We are flying into Newark, checked out limo hire for a standard car, this was the best quote!

November 20 2005

EWR

to

Cruise Port in Manhattan

$49

Bentley Hotel,

500 East 62nd St

Manhattan

to

EWR

$54

For the Airport Pickup, the driver will meet and greet

you at baggage claims (For Domestic Flights) or at

exit area (International Flights). The driver will

display a sign with your name.

The driver will meet you outside of the hotel for the

return. If you need to contact us, you can call us

(201)533-1133 or Toll Free from any payphone

1-800-LIVERY4.

Thank you, we are looking forward to provide you with

an outstanding service.

Sincerely,

Nicole Romano, Client Service Rep. , Econo Livery

Telephone (201)533-1133 Toll Free (800)LIVERY4

Fax (201)222-8430

My vote is for JFK. It's a little bit further away, but there are a lot more airlines to choose from, including the "low fare" options of Jetblue and Song, if they fly into your hometown. The main reason I prefer JFK is because it's very easy and inexpensive to get from the airport to the city by way of the Airtrain system.

Cabs from Kennedy to anywhere in Manhattan are fixed at $40.00 plus toll and tip. No traffic 40 minutes, traffic don't ask...LGA is closest and cheapest. The airtrain and the rest are ok but a hassle with Luggage. I am not sure if www.supershuttle.com goes from kennedy. If it does its about $17.00pp

Delta just announced the end of Song

My vote is for JFK. It's a little bit further away, but there are a lot more airlines to choose from, including the "low fare" options of Jetblue and Song, if they fly into your hometown. The main reason I prefer JFK is because it's very easy and inexpensive to get from the airport to the city by way of the Airtrain system.

Jet blue is now flying into EWR as well. As posted the fat lady has sung for Song.

The expense and time from any of the 3 airports are close enough to each other that there is no good reason to choose the airport first. Find a flight on the airline of your choice -- whether it is by schedule or price -- and let that guide your decision.

Archived