Carnival Magic Oct. 22, 2016

Dmgabe

Just booked this cruise for me and the boyfriend. Found out after the fact there is a large Christian singles group so figured I'd try and see if there were any other like minded individuals to meet up with. Hoping the above mentioned group doesn't get too judgy. Lol

Edited by Dmgabe
Spelling

I booked back in March, I have a cabin then I have a cousin and a friend of ours down the hall and my cousin's 22 year old son and his roommate down next to them.

Hoping the LGBT population on this cruise is friendlier than on my last. My only complaint was that the of at least six couples on board they avoided other gay people and were generally rude.

Will be interesting to see. This is the first cruise for both of us. Was hoping the dates would mean a bit less of a crowd but doesn't seem that is going to be the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I walked through the Piano bar the first couple of nights at 10 for the FOD meeting. I saw mostly straight couples the first night and the place was full of people waiting for the next comedy show the second night.

Suzette, the bartender in Play it Again was awesome. But I have to admit that it never felt much like a meet and greet. I spotted some other gay men in there, but the atmosphere was never really one for introductions. I discovered a gay couple I've been acquainted with for years was on the cruise and spent a little time hanging out with them.

Saw groups of three and four gay men sitting together chatting on the Panorama Deck a few times. But the level of awkwardness in walking up and trying to introduce myself as a fellow homosexual was prohibitive.

For some reason gay men either see me as being straight (which my body language and walk should totally clue them in) or as a closet case who is with whatever woman I'm with at the time.

Hell, I even wore pink from the knees up in Cozumel (tackiest outfit I've ever worn) just to "look gay".