Getting Impatient with Excursion Booking on Cruise Personalizer

czarinahil

So I am now within 90 days and still unable to book excursions on the cruise personalizer!!! Mostly I just wanted to vent about that. I am an anal planner and being unable to complete this last part of my cruise puzzle (the one excursion I want to take through Princess) is killing me:D

Hilary

Princess has the best online shore excursion reservation system of all the cruiselines that I have dealt with.

With Celebrity and RCL, one has to actually pay for the excursion when you book it and thats a pain. Its so easy to reserve your excursion and cancel or change it if necessary without it affecting your credit card through Princess. Hang in there and check everyday to see if they are available. It may be closer to your final payment date before you see them.

Personally, I prefer the pay when booked system. Many folks book excursions on a "maybe" basis. This kind of early booking without a charge results in too many tours filling up too soon.

When our cc is charged at time of booking, we more likely actually intend to go on the tour, even if the charge will be reversed when cancelled prior to online booking closeout.

Prnicess's method is a lot like reserving deck chairs because we "might" want to use them.

I know I still have a wait before I can book my excursions for my April 2006 Golden Princess cruise.

I like Carnival's way of the pay-as-you-book plan. I hate Princess because it means a bigger shipboard tab.........Karen

I like Carnival's way of the pay-as-you-book plan. I hate Princess because it means a bigger shipboard tab.........Karen
You can always give yourself a "gift" of onboard credit for the excusion. That way, you lower your tab as if you had pre-paid for the excursion. To me, Princess has the best of both worlds. It you don't want to pre-pay, you don't have to and if you do want to, you can. Voila!

We are sailing on the Regal Princess on the 8th January and our excursions only became available a week ago which was about 86 days out. Already some of the excursions are waitlisted.

I prefer Princess's system. On HAL you are immediately charged for the excursion the minute you book online. It is much harder to change an excursion than with Princess.

Jennie

We are leaving on the 8th of January on the Star and the personalizer has been open since 10/13, plenty of time to choose excursions. I too like to wait to pay. Why give up my money before I have to? I just plan ahead and know what my shipboard account is starting out at based on my excursions that I have booked already through the ship.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

If you pre-book an excursion and you don't have to pay for it when booking, when you they charge your crdit card for it?? How do you get your tickets for your excursion??

Thanks

Your tickets are delivered to your stateroom the night before and your cc is charged then. You can cancel an excursion up to the day before it occurs by the deadline stated at the excursion desk.

Archived