Hyatt on 17th, SAS, and pick-up times

gladahc

Looking into a different hotel after reading a LOT of poor reviews for the one we had booked. Original plan was to take MJS to POM with a 930am pick-up, but the Hyatt on 17th seems to be highly recommended and closer to more things to do/dining options. MJS doesn't service that hotel, SAS does. My question is, how likely is it that we could still get a 930 or 1030 pick-up from SAS? Their website says that the shuttle has to have a certain capacity before it will leave and we are a party of 2. Anyone have experience with this?

Probably not that early - you might call SAS to verify. Usually they are busy bringing passengers from POM to FLL early and start making runs to POM after about 10:00 or so.

You might explore taking Uber to POM - cost should be about $40-45, so not too much more than the $30 the two of you would pay for a shared shuttle.

Can you catch an early shuttle from the FLL airport?

The airport shuttle is possible....it costs $2pp from what i can find, but all things equal, I would rather just stay somewhere else and not have to take TWO shuttles (one back to the airport and then one to POM.)

I can't find *any* information about what time SAS usually picks up from that Hyatt.

Edited by gladahc

The airport shuttle is possible....it costs $2pp from what i can find, but all things equal, I would rather just stay somewhere else and not have to take TWO shuttles (one back to the airport and then one to POM.)

I can't find *any* information about what time SAS usually picks up from that Hyatt.

Have you tried calling SAS? :confused: 954-600-0240

Call the shuttle companies directly. They book the shuttles as close to full as possible. So they will put you in the one they have two openings. These are shared shuttles so no particular daily scheduled hotel stops. You can give a pick up time preference. If you want something specific, I'd go with a car service or uber.

Edited by eandj

Yes, we did end up calling. I detest making phone calls if I can avoid it, so I was hoping I could find an answer in the wealth of knowledge available here.

What did they say? :confused: Others may also be interested in SAS's pick-up time options.

They said that if we requested a 9:30 pick-up we would get a 9:30 pick-up. Which is, of course what I figured they would say. They did also say that there usually isn't an issue with filling a shuttle at this location because there are several very nearby hotels. We will see. :)

They said that if we requested a 9:30 pick-up we would get a 9:30 pick-up. Which is, of course what I figured they would say. They did also say that there usually isn't an issue with filling a shuttle at this location because there are several very nearby hotels. We will see. :)

Please report back when your cruise is completed. We used SAS a couple of years ago from another hotel and were happy with the service and price.