Price change question

Tammyd549

Just for fun...

Any care to speculate (or know first hand) why NCL would lower pricing on its guarantee cabins but raise prices on assigned ones? Just noticed on my upcoming Aug 14 cruise, they lowered the inside guarantee but raised the price of all the other inside cabins... Just curious

Just for fun...

Any care to speculate (or know first hand) why NCL would lower pricing on its guarantee cabins but raise prices on assigned ones? Just noticed on my upcoming Aug 14 cruise, they lowered the inside guarantee but raised the price of all the other inside cabins... Just curious

Interesting. Their pricing model can be hard to figure out. Generally it has something to do with inventory and number of cabins available.

Since people have complained about the guaranteed cabin they received, I would assume the unpopular cabins are left, and that is the way to move them. If you want a good cabin (whatever your definition of "good" is), you will pay extra.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just for fun...

I think it's so they can have a fire sale with guarantees but those who have assigned cabins can't go back and complain about the price drop and/or expect refunds or OBC's.

We have always shied away from Guarantee as it is just that; you are guaranteed a room. As the Guarantees are what is generally left over you, almost certainly, are likely to get what no one else wants. One way to move them is to make them seem cheap so you forget that they might be "nasty".

Putting up the price on rooms which are in demand is just "Supply & Demand" working to their advantage.