Breaking News ! Staggered check-in implemented for Vista Barcelona departures

Breaking News

Was just able to choose a check-in time for Barcelona port for TA (John Heald announced earlier today that Carnival implemented staggered check-ins for Barcelona port beginning July 29, 2016)

Check your online booking to select

Never mind - found it. THANK YOU!! As we're on the 7/29 cruise with 21 people.

I've looked but can't find the link to check in, would you mind posting it as it would be nice to get an early check in :-) Thanks

I've looked but can't find the link to check in, would you mind posting it as it would be nice to get an early check in :-) Thanks

Sign into your online Carnival account.

Select "CRUISE DETAILS"

Then complete your online check-in.

Edited by lizardhowson

Just received the email tonight notifying me of the required pick a time. One thing in the email was that it said regardless of when you check in, you will not be boarding the boat until 12 pm. How valid do you think this is? I've read elsewhere of people checking in around 10:30 - 11 and that they were on board around 11 - 11:30 (from the earlier cruises on this ship). I don't want to do early check in only to sit around in the terminal with a bunch of antsy kids (and adults!) waiting to get on board.

Just received the email tonight notifying me of the required pick a time. One thing in the email was that it said regardless of when you check in, you will not be boarding the boat until 12 pm. How valid do you think this is? I've read elsewhere of people checking in around 10:30 - 11 and that they were on board around 11 - 11:30 (from the earlier cruises on this ship). I don't want to do early check in only to sit around in the terminal with a bunch of antsy kids (and adults!) waiting to get on board.

I was thinking the same. Also what happens if i chose 11-11:30 but only arrive at 11:40?

Then you're just going to have to roll the dice and pick what works best for you. We boarded before noon, and started the boarding process probably around 11 or slightly before. That doesn't mean every cruise will get the go ahead at those exact times.

With staggered check-in, if you arrive before your chosen/assigned time - they will deny you entry to terminal until your assigned time.

If you arrive after your chosen/assigned time, you will be allowed to enter right away.

If you are a wedding, Platinum, Diamond, or Suite you can check-in whenever you wish regardless of chosen/assigned time.

Since Carnival is not offering FTTF for Barcelona, there will be no FTTF privileges (rats :mad:)