I must be Psychic……

Ok, I knew this phone call was coming so that’s why I asked this question earlier, but it fell off the boards, we are doing the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel in one month, two weeks and two days. My wife just called and asked if we should book it on another island. Before you ask it is for our daughter, as a surprise and we love the port of Cozumel. So I am thinking that I should call but when? Should we watch the RCI board? it would seem that “The ship's itinerary is subject to change due to weather and port conditions?” Is RCI code for Cozumel, you won’t be stopping there. Should we give it a couple weeks and month or just plan on booking else ware and should we call another location to find out what is going on? Post up some words of encouragement for my wife to hang tough with Cozumel.

……and before you go all volcanic on me this is a CRUISE board as was stated in another post not the clearing house for self indignation. We all fell bad and hope that this wonderful port and it’s people will be up and better than ever soon.

Is the dolphin discovery available in one of your other ports? Then I would go ahead and book it there just to be on the safe side. That way if you don't get to go to Cozumel, then you are covered, but if you do go to Cozumel you can just do something else.

If dolphin discovery isn't available somewhere else, then try and look at it this way. Your daughter didn't know she was going to get to do it to begin with so she won't be disappointed. You'll be disappointed for sure, but you might find something else that your daughter would enjoy just as much.

I saw on another thread that Chankanaab Beach was destroyed. That is where the dolphin encounter is. Most of the cruise ship piers were also damaged from bad to worse. We are on the 11/27 Rhapsody sailing and I don't think we will make it there. Could be wrong but current reports sound very bad. I would look around for other options - don't know your ports but the Dolphin encounters at Nassau are awesome.

I am Beachbears wife (as is duly noted in my sig). I am trying to be optimistic about this but I doubt we will be doing dolphin encounters in Cozumel in Dec. None of our other ports (KW, GC and Costa Maya) offer this excursion, at least that I can find. As Wrona said, DD did not know that she was going to do this so she will not be disappointed, but I will as I really wanted to surprise her with this as she said and I quote "Mommy, I want to see the dolphins. That would rock my world." Plus it is just before Christmas and this was going to be a special "Santa" surprise.

We have never had a disruption to a cruise before due to hurricanes or damage (and we have sailed twice during peak hurricane season) so we are a little unsure of what will happen. We do love Cozumel and hope and pray for them to recover as soon as possible. I know that we already paid for this excursion and I will feel pretty bad asking for my money back if we cannot do this. But it was $220 and that would cover another excursion.

I guess we will just have to go week by week and see what happens. As I told my boss today (who is also a cruiser) a bad day cruising is still better than a good day working.

No matter what, we will still have a great time on the beautiful Jewel and our hump balcony cabin.

Good luck and happy cruising to all who are headed out before us.

Let me know how u make out with getting your money back. I feel kind of scummy asking for it back too but its not like its 40 bucks or something small. Me and my fiiend paid 165 dollars each and are scheduled to be there Nov 10 th which is going to be impossible. Just feels weird asking for it back :confused:

I emailed them on Monday, not really expecting a reply, but we have not heard from them. I would think November you will not be going and by there own contract they should refund your money. I know it sounds heartless but we spend enough on there cruises and we do have a “contract” I will post up as soon as I hear anything. I also asked about the Dolphins.

We are cruising in January and Cozumel is one of our scheduled stops, along with GC, Costa Maya and Belize. The dolphin excursions were only offered at Cozumel. I was also going to surprise my daughter and purchase this as one of her Christmas gifts, but not looking very promising now.

I agree with VernRDH...I'd rather have a bad day of cruising than work...especially when the weather is cold and snowy:)

We're just taking each day as it comes right now. We already had to change our trip as we were originally scheduled on Grandeur out of NO, which we couldn't wait to visit since we'd never been there either. Ah well...not meant to be. At this point, I don't care if we have 7 days at sea, just so I don't have to see snow for a week:D

Good Luck to all and the possible changes in itineraries.

Let me know how u make out with getting your money back. I feel kind of scummy asking for it back too but its not like its 40 bucks or something small. Me and my fiiend paid 165 dollars each and are scheduled to be there Nov 10 th which is going to be impossible. Just feels weird asking for it back :confused:

Don't feel bad about asking for your money back--they would not hesitate toask YOU for money if it were owed, and you owed either, a) the excursion that you paid for or, b) your money back if it is of no fault of yours that you can't do the excurion.

Don't feel bad about asking for your money back--they would not hesitate to ask YOU for money if it were owed, and you owed either, a) the excursion that you paid for or, b) your money back if it is of no fault of yours that you can't do the excurion.

Archived