Haven suite questions

Hi,

I just got an upsell to a Haven spa suite on the Breakaway. First time in a suite! Does anyone know if 14138 has a pole by the jacuzzi.

Also, I usually bring my own conditioner because my long hair needs more than that shampoo/conditioner combo they provide. Do the suites get stand alone conditioner?

What else can you tell me about this suite and the Haven. All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No idea about the pole, but definitely they will supply toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion of good quality.

The Haven is amazing. Problem is - once you sail in the Haven you will not want to go back. We were upsold on our first ever cruise and have been in the Haven ever since.

I didn't see any pics for 14138; however, other pics from spa suites on Breakaway all show a somewhat horizontal (it's curved) bar built into the outer rim of the tub.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I just got an upsell to a Haven spa suite on the Breakaway. First time in a suite! Does anyone know if 14138 has a pole by the jacuzzi.

Also, I usually bring my own conditioner because my long hair needs more than that shampoo/conditioner combo they provide. Do the suites get stand alone conditioner?

Lastly, does the Haven restaurant still serve lobster, or has that gone by the wayside?

What else can you tell me about this suite and the Haven. All advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

We were in a Getaway Haven Spa Suite and moved from 14138 as we read on this forum it had the pole by the jacuzzi. As Getaway and Breakaway have same plans, probably is same for your suite.

I have long hair too and took my own conditioner. They provided Bvulgari shampoo and lotion in our suite. When we asked for shower gel (as there was not a dispenser in the shower) they just brought more shampoo.

Loved our room and the jacuzzi. Also loved the Haven restaurant. The bar was excellent also. Hope your ships staff is as great as Getaways Haven staff. However, we only saw our butler once on about the 3rd day. Guess he was busy elsewhere. We didn't ask anything special of him in that short visit. We didn't order breakfasts to the room so perhaps that is why. He or someone delivered plenty of snacks.

Have a great cruise:D

Forgot to add, when we called to change from 14138 on Getaway, we ended up in H9 suite 14128. It was a great room and had no problems with it. Bed was King size and most comfortable of any cabin we have had. We never actually saw inside 14138 to verify if it had the pole we had heard about.

Ugh. I meant to edit my original post to add the lobster question. I don't know how to edit in this app. Sorry

We were on the BA the week of June 19th and they had surf and turf in the Haven. Filet and lobster tail, it was fantastic!

I forgot to add that I second the shampoo and conditioner in the suites is really good. Loved the smell of the lotion, I used it every day. Brought a few bottles home for my girls to try. ;)

We were on the BA June 12-19 in the Haven in an H4. This was our second BA to Bermuda, the first in June 2013, in a mini-suite with Vibe passes.

The Haven restaurant was fantastic. Whole lobsters and perfectly prepared prime rib and lamb, which your waiter may insist you order with a lobster tail because they noted you enjoyed your lobster the prior night! The desserts are large enough to share or if you are full, your butler will put it in your suite for later. All the servers were excellent; Alex was our favorite.

On the Escape in February, the waiter in La Cucina packed our tiramisu and cheesecake because we were too full after dinner (we were in a mini). Last month, in La Cucina on the BA we wanted to pack dessert for later, but were told no take out but advised that the butler could be called to pick it up and put it in our cabin. We didn't do that but others on our sailing did; while other waiters packed dessert. One of my frustrations with NCL is the inconsistencies.

We did not take advantage of all the Haven had to offer -- hot breakfast delivered to the suite, as an example. We had morning coffee using the suite expresso machine, which I loved, and then either went to the Haven restaurant for breakfast, to the Uptown Grill (they serve until 11am) or skipped breakfast. We went to Osheehans the last night around 2am for the wings and it was crazy busy and very loud; we should have called the night butler. In a spa suite, the table is tiny - a consideration if you order a meal in your suite or room service.

Lessons I learned for our next Haven cruise:

Let the butler know your likes and dislikes for snacks.

Take advantage of the in-suite breakfast, especially on port days if you have an excursion -- I will on our next Haven cruise. I have been advised by other Haven passengers to write whatever you want on the card; i.e. Steak and eggs. Don't feel limited by the pre-printed items and there is no room service/extra fee for the Haven.

Consider ordering dinner in the suite if exhausted from long shore day (If you order a specialty restaurant dinner in your suite, it will count as one of your UDP meals)

There is a pillow menu, if you don't like the soft pillows in the suite.

There are comfy Haven robes and slippers

There is an umbrella to use if needed

We scheduled all our UDP meals and available shows when the reservations opened at Day 100. We did not utilize the concierge but noted that many did for dinner reservations, shore excursion information, printing out home flight boarding passes.

The bath products in the Haven are Bvlgari and smell wonderful. As for the conditioner and shampoo, You may need the entire bottle, they're minis, for very long hair. Getting more is not a problem.

The Haven sun deck is great. Comfortable lounge chairs or clamshells. If you want, they will also bring you a pillow. On hot days, a cold towel. The staff quickly learns your drink preferences or if you don't drink, they will gage if you want to be asked or will call them when you desire a beverage. The Haven pool is tiny but good for a quick dip to cool off and go back to the sun deck. The two Haven hot tubs were rarely crowded in Bermuda since many are off the ship. There is also a sauna in the back of the pool courtyard, I used it a few times and only once did another passenger join me.

The Haven lounge was a great spot for a pre-dinner drink and an opportunity to chat with fellow passengers. The Toma and the Worldwide were my favorite drinks. There is also a Captains reception in the Haven Courtyard on Monday night (Norwegian Night Out) attended by officers and senior staff, including the spa staff, who were still selling but backed off quickly if you weren't interested. Dress code varied from not dressed up at all (think shorts, jeans, t-shirts) to full dress military uniform and evening gown. Most women wore nice slack outfits or maxi dresses; DHs in chinos and sport jacket.

The Haven was wonderful

Enjoy the spa and enjoy the Haven.

We sailed the week of June 19th on the BA in a Haven suite 11106, corner room front. The Haven is heaven. If you need anything, ask Anoop. He is the Consierge. He will make it happen. Mary at the restaurant desk is another lady to remember. She is very friendly. The bar staff and wait staff are all very friendly. Ask the barman to make you a "pre-lunch secret drink". Our personal butler was Crisol. Our treats were delivered on time every afternoon around 4.00. Lobster, steak, whatever you're in the mood for, they have you covered. Enjoy your cruise. Tell them Catherine du Toit says hi.

Lessons I learned for our next Haven cruise:

Let the butler know your likes and dislikes for snacks.

Take advantage of the in-suite breakfast, especially on port days if you have an excursion -- I will on our next Haven cruise. I have been advised by other Haven passengers to write whatever you want on the card; i.e. Steak and eggs. Don't feel limited by the pre-printed items and there is no room service/extra fee for the Haven.

We were not in The Haven but a 2 bedroom family suite on the Pearl last week and our Butler said the same thing about adding what ever we wanted on the card for breakfast.

Hi,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176216&highlight=breakaway

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49353251

Bellaloomp ... We will be in 11106 over Christmas ... How is the cabin ? Did you have my issues with motion due to the position of the bed? We were in an Aft balcony last year so it will be a lot different for us this cruise

Bellaloomp ... We will be in 11106 over Christmas ... How is the cabin ? Did you have my issues with motion due to the position of the bed? We were in an Aft balcony last year so it will be a lot different for us this cruise

Wow. Lucky you. No issues with motion sickness. The cabin is fantastic. I'll post some pictures.