what is the actual answer...

We just got off the dream on 7/10, my experience was a little different. When we met the steward he introduced himself and handed us a business card with his picture and phone number on it (we were NOT given any type of a card to fill out for morning or night service). Our steward advised that he offered our choice of a afternoon refresh from 3pm-6pm or evening turn down service from 6pm-9pm, and asked which we preferred, I asked if we could get both, I was advised we had to choose one or the other, we opted for evening turn down.

This seems like if you got both, it would have been a 3 times a day service.

On the Triumph in April my roommate met the steward on day one, he gave her his card and asked when would be a good time for him to service the room. She told him 10:00 a.m. and not to worry about the evening. No card involved. Every morning our room was taken care of by 10:45 and every evening we came back from dinner to beds that were turned down, towel animals, and the next day's fun times on the bed.

Edited by erinmarie424

This whole thing started with an ill-conceived attempt to customize the service you wish to have in the cabin. For example, some guests like to party all night and get up at noon so they may just want service once a day in the evening so they're not disturbed too early in the morning. The idea was great but the execution was lacking.

If your steward insists on once a day a simple call to Guest Services will take care of it. We haven't had that problem though.

This whole thing started with an ill-conceived attempt to customize the service you wish to have in the cabin.

You can believe that if you like. Hey just supposing they actually did something to cut cost and keep prices down, what do you think they'd say?

Never heard of the stewards having "business" cards they give out with their names, etc.

On the Splendor there was a business sized card in the cabin with a photo of the cabin steward, his name, and how to call him

After reading all this, I informed my husband of the possibility of once a day room cleaning. He could care less. Since I just paid for it and realized I paid the exact same amount I did for our first cruise 16 years ago, I could care less also. I also figure this way I can yell a little at my sloppy husband and daughter to pick up after themselves so it's like bringing a little bit of home whilst floating in the Caribbean.