When does Choice Air notify you of an itinerary change?

A number of years ago we had booked a return flight from LHR for a TA through ChoiceAir. There had been an equipment change somewhere along the line and the airline had rebooked our seats. I never DID get any kind of notification about that and did not find out until we boarded. Since I had paid extra for exit row seats, I was not happy, to say the least (of course, by then, all of the exit row seats were booked). They reseated us in a bulkhead seat but it was the center row and I was still not happy...but let it go as I just wanted to get home at that point. THAT was when I began checking everything on a periodic basis to preclude that kind of a(n) [unwelcome] surprise.

It has been my experience that changes in itineraries are rarely reported through the TA. If it comes at all, it usually comes through the airline. Most of the time I get nothing. UGH.

Similar situation just happened to us. Paid for Economy Plus, airline changed equipment and moved us to seats that didn't recline. Luckily I caught it within a day of the change and was able to call and get reclining seats in Economy Plus.

Well, I don't know why I bothered, but I thought I would call ChoiceAir and just confirm the time they have for our departure from Chicago in October for our flight to BCN. Thought they would say 1:40PM, but they're still showing the 3PM departure. Obviously a call center and I didn't want to try to explain what I was looking at, because there was a language issue and also not best connection.

And now ChoiceAir has sent me another email confirmation with the wrong info. I logged onto the American website and entered my booking number (provided by ChoiceAir), and it's showing the new itinerary with the earlier (1:40) flight out of O'Hare.

So basically, Choice Air doesn't know yet that my flight has been changed. In fact, that 3pm flight isn't even operating anymore.

We booked our flight to Barcelona this October for the Harmony TA the day that airline reservations were available through Choice Air (Air2Sea). We booked with Delta. Since then our flights have been changed all over the place. Most of the time we received notification from Delta, but this last time we just happened to catch the change by checking. Most of our changes have involved our connections at JFK. It started out with a one hour connection, then changed to a 3 hour connection. We liked that. Now it is a 2 hour connection. Still better than a one hour connection, but we would have preferred the longer one. Once our seats were changed, but we got them changed back to our original ones. We are flying in 4 days before the cruise, so that is extra insurance that we will get there on time!:D

Our return flight home to PHX from FLL was booked with points through SWA, so no problems anticipated there.

Well, I don't know why I bothered, but I thought I would call ChoiceAir and just confirm the time they have for our departure from Chicago in October for our flight to BCN. Thought they would say 1:40PM, but they're still showing the 3PM departure. Obviously a call center and I didn't want to try to explain what I was looking at, because there was a language issue and also not best connection.

And now ChoiceAir has sent me another email confirmation with the wrong info. I logged onto the American website and entered my booking number (provided by ChoiceAir), and it's showing the new itinerary with the earlier (1:40) flight out of O'Hare.

So basically, Choice Air doesn't know yet that my flight has been changed. In fact, that 3pm flight isn't even operating anymore.

Does not inspire confidence in the Choice Air people.

We booked our flight to Barcelona this October for the Harmony TA the day that airline reservations were available through Choice Air (Air2Sea). We booked with Delta. Since then our flights have been changed all over the place. Most of the time we received notification from Delta, but this last time we just happened to catch the change by checking. Most of our changes have involved our connections at JFK. It started out with a one hour connection, then changed to a 3 hour connection. We liked that. Now it is a 2 hour connection. Still better than a one hour connection, but we would have preferred the longer one. Once our seats were changed, but we got them changed back to our original ones. We are flying in 4 days before the cruise, so that is extra insurance that we will get there on time!:D

Our return flight home to PHX from FLL was booked with points through SWA, so no problems anticipated there.

We use Air2Sea on our trip to Barcelona last month. A few months before departure Air2Sea changed our departure flights. We were originally to fly to Barcelona though JFK but it was changed to Atlanta. We went through JFK on our return.

JFK is a real pain go get through customs. When you get off the plane you go through customs, you then get your luggage and go through another customs check point. After that you drop your checked luggage off and go through the standard check like you do at any airport. Depending on how busy it is this can take awhile.

One way to speed the process is to get the Mobile Passport app. With this app you will skip the long lines at the first two check points. It won't help in the normal airport screening.

Shak

http://mobilepassport.us/

Last October returning from our Canada/NE cruise, I had booked our return flights and seats for DH & myself. Upon checking our flights shortly before we left for the cruise, i suddenly noticed that I had been moved 3 rows up from my husband on our return flight. Since there was no available seats left next to me to move my husband to, I changed my seat assignment to the middle seat next to him. Why I was changed from my original booking I don't know, apparently when the FLT # changed the seat change occurred.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We use Air2Sea on our trip to Barcelona last month. A few months before departure Air2Sea changed our departure flights. We were originally to fly to Barcelona though JFK but it was changed to Atlanta. We went through JFK on our return.

JFK is a real pain go get through customs. When you get off the plane you go through customs, you then get your luggage and go through another customs check point. After that you drop your checked luggage off and go through the standard check like you do at any airport. Depending on how busy it is this can take awhile.

One way to speed the process is to get the Mobile Passport app. With this app you will skip the long lines at the first two check points. It won't help in the normal airport screening.

Shak

http://mobilepassport.us/

Thanks. I will check that out.

Break in my day, so had a chance to read the new email I received this morning from Air2Sea. They're now directing me to CheckMyTrip dot com. I have two booking reservation numbers. The first one is coming up "unavailable." The second one works and shows us leaving at 1:40PM with "confirmed" next to it. This information matches what I'm getting on the AA website, so I'll continue to monitor there.

While I was on the AA website, I did a search for flights from ORD to PHL on our date. The 3PM flight isn't even an option anymore. It goes from 1:40PM to 3:37PM, which is probably why they moved us back to 1:40. The later flight would only give us about 20 minutes to make our connection. Our seat numbers haven't changed.

Anyway, lesson learned. Still got a great deal using Air2Sea, but don't count on being notified of flight changes.

If you book air tickets far in advance you are going to see several changes and adjustments. Especially if you are booking outside of the current season. Once you're actually within the same season and the airline is operating their winter/summer schedule that you will be flying, the chances of a change decrease a lot. For an autumn or winter flight, at this point they are still juggling flight times and aircraft.

I book nearly weekly through a third party agent for work travel. Once I have my ticket I pull up my trip on the actual airline website or app and request updates that are far more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book air tickets far in advance you are going to see several changes and adjustments. Especially if you are booking outside of the current season. Once you're actually within the same season and the airline is operating their winter/summer schedule that you will be flying, the chances of a change decrease a lot. For an autumn or winter flight, at this point they are still juggling flight times and aircraft.

I book nearly weekly through a third party agent for work travel. Once I have my ticket I pull up my trip on the actual airline website or app and request updates that are far more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just went on the airline website and signed up for updates. :)

We had our seats changed with no notice. Security reasons were sited. So we went from window and aisle in row of 2 to an aisle and middle seat in center of 3 seats. Of course we can get better seats for a few dollars. Was disappointed because I buy early to get the seats I want.

Probably not actually security, but just an "equipment" change, meaning that the actual plane was changed.

I am only using expedia as a way to check the price. As I stated, I like to price watch and see if better deals happen after the fact so I know for future dealings.

FWIW expedia doesn't always show the truth. People often go to book some great, low price only to find out that it's outdated info and that flight can't be booked at that price. Might not be the most accurate way to look.

Guess that means it's good practice to check while we're on the cruise in case they change our return flight. Wonder why that happens so frequently with choice air bc I don't really hear these types of changes with people who book directly with the airline?

Happens to people who book direct all the time.

Last October returning from our Canada/NE cruise, I had booked our return flights and seats for DH & myself. Upon checking our flights shortly before we left for the cruise, i suddenly noticed that I had been moved 3 rows up from my husband on our return flight. Since there was no available seats left next to me to move my husband to, I changed my seat assignment to the middle seat next to him. Why I was changed from my original booking I don't know, apparently when the FLT # changed the seat change occurred.

Either equipment change OR (like what happened with us in March) someone with higher status on the airline requested your seats.