Wine Cruise?

rickdeni

I am booked on the Emerald for September 25, 2017 on a 6 night wine cruise along the California coast. I cannot find a review on any prior wine cruises. Are there any special events on the ship? Any information would be appreciated.

I've done a couple of the wine cruises and really enjoyed them. It's more about visiting ports, with great wineries or downtown tasting rooms, than shipboard activities.

We were able to take our purchases back to the cabin with us, but it was only one or two bottles in each port. If you want to buy a case, I would pay to have it shipped home.

We did a 10 West Coast Wine cruise a few years ago. There were reps from wineries on board who held talks, tastings and, along with the head chef, held some remarkable wine-food pairings. Plus there were excursions to wineries in the SF region.

Lots of fun.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

We are looking at either the 4/29/2017 Ruby Princess or 5/4/2017 Island Princess wine cruise - we have never sailed on either ship. We took a Celebrity wine cruise in 2012 that sailed from Vancouver to San Diego. The ports were wonderful especially since we overnighted in San Francisco - visited lots of great wineries. But the activities onboard were lacking except for the party they hosted on the first night - $5 entitled you to as many wine tastings as you wanted. It led us to believe that the rest of the week would have activities of that caliber but we were disappointed.

I would love to hear more about Princess wine cruises if anyone can give us information. I have looked at the available excursions, but I would like to hear if they provide onboard wine-themed events. And I don't know which ship would be better so if you've got an opinion, feel free to share it.

Many thanks!