Norwegian Spirit Main Dining Room Menu

We are taking the 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Spirit from Barcelona to Venice.

This is our first time on Norwegian but my experience on other cruise ships is that the MDR menu is typically a bit more special, e.g., lobster, on formal nights.

I know that NCL does not have formal nights. However, are any of the nights likely to have better menus in the MDR? If so, which ones?

We have the specialty dining package and I plan to make dinner reservations for the cruise and would like the best information I can find for planning purposes.

Thank you.

There are no special nights on NCL, the menus are on a 10 day rotation (approx) and no one knows which menu the ship will be starting on for your cruise. Just book the specialty restaurants for nights you will want to eat at them. You might want to look at which ports you arrive on and figure out how exhausted you'll be after sightseeing. Mediterranean cruises are so port intensive and very tiring.

Lobster is available for an upcharge any night in the MDR.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

All of the NCL cruises I've been on give you the option of a "Dress Up or Not" night, or even two depending on the length of the cruise. Some people are in tuxes and ball gowns, others are still in their resort casual attire. Lobster has been served at least one night per cruise and usally on the dress up or not night.

Yes, these are usually on a sea day. I've never had any charges, other than for alcohol in the main dining room either. Some people have ordered more than one dinner entree with no extra charge either.

Yes, these are usually on a sea day. I've never had any charges, other than for alcohol in the main dining room either. Some people have ordered more than one dinner entree with no extra charge either.

You haven't sailed within the past 3 months I gather. There is now an upcharge in the MDR for lobster but you can get it any night.

You haven't sailed within the past 3 months I gather. There is now an upcharge in the MDR for lobster but you can get it any night.

Good to know, thank you for the update. That's unfortunate but I guess they have to make up for all of the 'free at sea' offers lately.