Anthem Chef's Table

Sailing on Anthem Aug 6th. Thinking about Chef's Table. Has anyone done it recently. Thoughts on the menu?. Its pricey, is it worth it. ? Thanks.

I will try to remember to let you know! Mine is scheduled for July 25th. I cannot wait. You can always book and cancel if you change your mind. Remember limited to 16 at the table x 5 nights. That is only a maximum of 80 available seats. Have heard nothing but excellent reviews. Since there are no more set formal nights, to me that is just an added PLUS!

I did it in November. It was expensive, around $95pp. The food was very good and there was a lot of it, you really need to save your appetite for it. It was not the same as "chef's tables" I've done on Princess, where the actual executive chef is there and hosts the whole dinner and even cooks some things for you. It was hosted by a sommelier and the entire event took place in a dining room off of the steak house. It was good but I would not do it a second time. I had a food allergy and they readily accommodated me. However when I asked for a second glass of champagne in lieu of dessert wine, the sommelier wasn't having it! If you're a foodie type person and enjoy meeting and talking with some new people, and enjoying some very elegant and tasty food, you will likely enjoy it.

I will try to remember to let you know! Mine is scheduled for July 25th. I cannot wait. You can always book and cancel if you change your mind. Remember limited to 16 at the table x 5 nights. That is only a maximum of 80 available seats. Have heard nothing but excellent reviews. Since there are no more set formal nights, to me that is just an added PLUS!

Yes please do! And have a great time. I will be looking forward to your opinion of the Anthem. I sail 8/5/16. I must admit some of the reviews have made me nervous!

Edited by marbat105

I did it in November. It was expensive, around $95pp. The food was very good and there was a lot of it, you really need to save your appetite for it. It was not the same as "chef's tables" I've done on Princess, where the actual executive chef is there and hosts the whole dinner and even cooks some things for you. It was hosted by a sommelier and the entire event took place in a dining room off of the steak house. It was good but I would not do it a second time. I had a food allergy and they readily accommodated me. However when I asked for a second glass of champagne in lieu of dessert wine, the sommelier wasn't having it! If you're a foodie type person and enjoy meeting and talking with some new people, and enjoying some very elegant and tasty food, you will likely enjoy it.

Would like to meet some new people as we are just a party of two. So it sounds like fun. Thanks so much for the info!