Has anyone stayed at the Springhill Suite FLL lately?

tooalto

I posted this question on the Florida departures board but have no responses yet but thought I would ask our HAL cruisers the same thing.

Has anyone stayed there recently? I booked this property for our pre-cruise stay next March. It was recommended here and on Trip Advisor but I just checked Trip Advisor and saw three very poor reviews in a row. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites but the rates were sky high. I chose Springhill based on ratings, price and shuttle service. I appreciate any input.

The best I can give you is We stayed there, albeit in 2012 for 1 nite prior to our TA cruise. Thought hotel was quite nice and up to standard for a Marriott property, ar least back then.

Checked its reviews on Yelp and they were mixed. I'm a Marriott Prefered member and although I've had some Marriott properties that were better than others in the same class, I've never had a real "dive". Iwould try them again. If you checked Yelp, I thought Rock R had one of the best impartial reviews. Some others reviewers appeared to sqack over trivial things.

Maybe another CC'er wifi chime in with a more recent update.

I know you are looking for more recent stays, but I stayed there last Dec. and thought it was a great hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, the free shuttles were nice (they even got me on an earlier one since there was last minute space) and the free breakfast was pretty good. Liked the rooms as well - fairly large and had a few extras (microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator).

I stay at this hotel once a month on business.

Good hotel except the mornings I see all these people waiting to go to the port on a cruise. It is very sad :D !

You mention shuttle service:

Is shuttle service from air port to hotel free?

Is shuttle service from hotel to sea port free?

Thanks

Shuttle from airport to hotel is free.

Call hotel about shuttle service from hotel to port. Changes every year.

Thanks

We stay there about once a year and the shuttles have always been free. To the port you have to register the night before, normally after 6 PM or so - I would do it first thing as they can fill up (they will add more shuttles, but you might not get the time you want).

Thanks

Both were free for us, but it would cost extra to go from port to hotel after the cruise.

Thanks for info.

Does it take long to get to pier from hotel?

Are simple eateries closeby?

D

10-15 minutes to pier, depending on port traffic.

Fast food by the hotel, several chain family dining (like Red Lobster, Dave & Busters) about 1/2 to 1 mile away. Kmart across the main highway for wine and supplies. BJs also sells wine (no membership required for wine).

I have stayed there a few times. Very nice place, even though the last time (a couple of years ago), they were in the middle of renovating. I'm sure it looks a lot nicer now.

Also, there you can call for pizza (a pizza place menu is in the room).