GREECE with photos

What a beautiful trip. I love reading reviews by those who appreciate the hard work of the crew and the people in the ports we are lucky enough to visit.

May you and your wife have many more happy years and cruises together!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How was the internet/VOOM ? Any problems sending photos from the ship?

Your photos are amazing!! Was that with ipad or camera?

Internet was very fast, but I don't know if it was VOOM. No problems sending or receiving photo. I didn't try streaming video.

Photos were taken with a Canon S120 and Canon 310 HS cameras then transferred to my iPad mini for posting. I'm glad you enjoy them.

If you have Greek heritage and know some Greek words, like my wife, use them and the shop keepers will love you and give you the "Greek price" instead of the tourist price. It's about 10 percent less. Also, they might give you special gifts like the free bottle of ouzo we got.

If you visit the Acropolis, be careful climbing the steps. They are slippery marble and many people were falling down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

What a beautiful trip. I love reading reviews by those who appreciate the hard work of the crew and the people in the ports we are lucky enough to visit.

May you and your wife have many more happy years and cruises together!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the kind words.

Internet was very fast, but I don't know if it was VOOM. No problems sending or receiving photo. I didn't try streaming video.

Photos were taken with a Canon S120 and Canon 310 HS cameras then transferred to my iPad mini for posting. I'm glad you enjoy them.

If you have Greek heritage and know some Greek words, like my wife, use them and the shop keepers will love you and give you the "Greek price" instead of the tourist price. It's about 10 percent less. Also, they might give you special gifts like the free bottle of ouzo we got.

If you visit the Acropolis, be careful climbing the steps. They are slippery marble and many people were falling down.

Thanks so much!!

Yes I too know a little Greek so I'm hoping to use that :)

First time to Greece for hubby and 2 teen boys 19 and 16.

Plan to wear sneakers for most of walking.

We booked similar excursions as you. The bus to Oia, early Acropolis tour, beach at Mykenos

Did you have any trouble catching cable car back to ship in Santorini? We have dinner reservations in Santorini, so not in any rush

Thanks so much!!

Did you have any trouble catching cable car back to ship in Santorini? We have dinner reservations in Santorini, so not in any rush

Even though there were four ships in port, we had to wait only fifteen minutes for the cable car around 6pm.

The entrance to the cable car is in a store front where they sell the tickets. Then you go down some stairs to the cable car. Each car holds four people. A photo of them going down to the tender port is below.

0b56919a4151c685582a2548b51ab4e7.jpg

Do you remember were your formal nights day 2 and 5? Trying to finalize my specialty dinners.Thanks :):)

Formal nights were on the second night and the night before the last night. Few people, including us, were dressed up. You must be getting excited now that your sail date is approaching.

[emoji250][emoji250]

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

GREECE WITH PHOTOS CONTINUED - Santos Winery

Our first tour stop was at Santos Winery. The buffet included Greek breads, cheeses, olives and other specialties. We tasted three wines and bought a bottle of vinsanto a reddish brown wine that was one of the best we ever tasted.921faa69a7b27aa49c0d4452215fa341.jpg

This brings back memories! I'm looking at the (sadly) empty bottle of Vinsanto 2003 we bought when there back in 2010. Best time ever!

Formal nights were on the second night and the night before the last night. Few people, including us, were dressed up. You must be getting excited now that your sail date is approaching.

[emoji250][emoji250]

Thanks! Yes getting so very excited!!

Do they let you ship wine home?

I would love that:D

Yes, you can ship wine home or bring it back to the cruise ship as we did. RCI will hold the wine until the last night, then bring it to your cabin.

There is a wonderful retail wine store at Santo Winery with a wide selection at very reasonable prices. If you bring back over $200 in alcohol you might have to pay a three percent duty on part of the cost. Still would be a bargain.

[emoji250][emoji250]

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida