6 Ships at Ketchikan?

QueenofEverything

What some times happens is that one ship will come in early like 6 AM and stay to 2 PM and then another ship will come in at 2:30 and stay until 10 or 11 PM so while there are six ships in port they are not all there at the same time.

If I remember correctly Ketchikan can berth 4 ships at one time - so you could also have 2 ships tendering.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers!

Dennis

I have never known any Ketchikan ships to be there past 7p

I'll also speculate that all the ships are not- mega cruise ships, and it involves the small few hundred passenger cruise ships.

Also as stated above and example is NCL's port times of 6-1p are also probably in the mix?

What some times happens is that one ship will come in early like 6 AM and stay to 2 PM and then another ship will come in at 2:30 and stay until 10 or 11 PM so while there are six ships in port they are not all there at the same time.

I've definitely seen this in Juneau:

At about the 1:20 mark, you'll see one NCL ship come into town, and as the other one leaves, this one takes its place. You can almost imagine them saying "here you go, I warmed it up for you!". If you get that far, keep watching as the lifeboat drill in stop-action is kinda funny to watch. ;)

Our port time for the Infinity next year is 2pm - 8:30pm and I assume we will be taking a spot vacated by one of the ships leaving at 1 or 1:30 pm.....
the infinity is famous for hand-brake parking into tight spaces. Don't worry about it.

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2016/06/articles/collisions/celebrity-infinity-crashes-into-ketchikan-dock/