No cruise excursion trips my trigger, now what?

ferretface

I've checked out Carnival Triumph's excursions for 01/2006 and nothing grabs my attention. Any recommendations? DH & I want to snorkel or me on the beach & DH playing in lite surf. Is there a way to taxi to a decent snorkel beach without paying outrageous prices? Do the beaches rent snorkel equipment or will we need to buy in US & bring it? We dont' care much for the shopping aspects. Please help!

Thanks

Phyllis

I've checked out Carnival Triumph's excursions for 01/2006 and nothing grabs my attention. Any recommendations? DH & I want to snorkel or me on the beach & DH playing in lite surf. Is there a way to taxi to a decent snorkel beach without paying outrageous prices? Do the beaches rent snorkel equipment or will we need to buy in US & bring it? We dont' care much for the shopping aspects. Please help!

Thanks

Phyllis

Try looking at the St Martin activiies website...I don't have it handy,but you can google it. Many speak highly of the Lord Sheffield Day Cruise including snorkling.I.ve booked it for December.

• 2 weeks later...

The Golden Eagle was fantastic! We were just there on Oct. 26. Two things to remember: they will get as close to the beach on Tintamarre Island as possible, depending on the weather/waves. However, the ladder down from the boat will still be in about six-feet-deep water. Do not try and carry a camera and/or dry towel with you. The GE staff will assist you by floating your belongings over to the beach (we had a waterproof disposable camera with us that had a rubber-band type strap, so DH just kept it on his wrist. We left our towels on board until after we were done swimming). The other thing is they have swim noodles and snorkeling vests that they will get out of the hold; they don't necessarily tell everyone that these are available - they're all just out in a big pile and/or in laundry baskets. So even if you are an unsure swimmer, you can use a noddle or a snorkel vest. It was a wonderful morning and we would definitely do it again. Kellie in Texas

CaribbeanBound,

Re: St. Maarten

Is there a site that posts cab fares for St. Maarten? It'll be our first time there and we have no idea of what to do. None of the RCI site tours are grabbing me.......I just want to go to a beach and maybe do a little shopping at the port. I tried emailing Joyce Prince to book something with her but she was all booked for the day.

Re: St. Thomas

We spent our last trip to St. Thomas going over to St. John's Trunk Bay.......totally awsome by the way! We snorkeled their underwater snorkel trail and had a great time! It was beautiful there! This time we want to see some of St. Thomas so we booked a tour with Sunny Liston....same type of tour you did with Godfrey. The morning part is spent in town shopping which I'm not too interested in so I'm doing a late pick up from the port. Then a tour around the island and then either Coki or Sapphire Beach. We're bringing our snorkel gear so I'm leaning toward Coki. After reading your review of Coki I'm a little nervous now.....it didn't sound like it was a very pretty beach from your review. Would you have done anything different? would you have gone to a different beach? Do you know what cab fares are in St. Thomas.

I know I have a lot of questions...........please help.

Thanks,

Beachbuddy

Thanks for the quick response. Is that $18 for 2 to Orient Beach the total or $18 each? Not bad if it's just $36 round trip for the 2 of us.

I think I've made up my mind of what to do......guess it's going to be take a taxi to Orient and then back to shop in Phillipsburg.

Thanks for the information.

Beachbuddy

Archived