Conquest, now what?

jobster71

Now that Cozumel's port is currently closed, I am wondering which other alternative port would Carnival use for Conquest. We are leaving in less than 2 weeks. It seems like they are just skipping 1 stop all together this week. :( I am so heartbroken for the nice people of Coz, may the Lord be with them.

Now that Cozumel's port is currently closed, I am wondering which other alternative port would Carnival use for Conquest. We are leaving in less than 2 weeks. It seems like they are just skipping 1 stop all together this week. :( I am so heartbroken for the nice people of Coz, may the Lord be with them.

Costa Maya is an option

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1433

Cozumel

Early news reports indicate that the popular cruise port has sustained substantial damage. Beach resorts are knee-deep in water and debris, and homes and hotels are smashed, according to Reuters. A representative for the port tells us official updates will not be available until later this week. Reuters has also published pictures of power lines lying in flooded streets in nearby Playa del Carmen. The Weather Channel reports that in Playa del Carmen, 1,000 homes are damaged, and water is up to the third floor of certain hotels.

Costa Maya

On a brighter note, Costa Maya's pier and surrounding complex sustained no damage and continue to operate at 100 percent capacity, according to a representative for the port. The port is expecting to accommodate additional cruise ships on a short-term basis due to damage Cozumel incurred during Hurricane Wilma (calls at Cozumel have already been replaced or pushed back on several upcoming Western Caribbean itineraries).

We will continue to post information here as soon as we receive it, so please check back often.pixel.gif

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I am definitely crossing my fingers that Conquest makes Costa Maya a port stop for the next month or so. We LOVE Costa Maya and it would make an excellent last port day - such a low key, relaxing place. We would most likely just hang out in that gorgeous pool, have a few drinks and some lunch, and do a little shopping. One of my only complaints of doing the Conquest instead of Sensation is that we don't get to go to Costa Maya. And while I love Cozumel even more, it's a close second and I would enjoy getting to go there again. Now as far as Grand Cayman goes, we could skip that one altogether and I'd be just as happy...

I'm not sure where it will be but it's nice to see that your thinking of the poor people in Coz!

Archived