Limit to number of times you can use price protection?

Sugaree5335

I used ES price protection two days ago to take advantage of the OBC offer going on this week. I noticed today that the sale was still going on, but the cost of the fare had gone down $10 pp. I know it's not much, but every bit counts, right?

So, that brings up the question as to whether or not there is a limit to the number of times you can use this to get a better deal. I can't find anything written about it, but I thought maybe someone here had some practical knowledge of it. TIA.

I used ES price protection two days ago to take advantage of the OBC offer going on this week. I noticed today that the sale was still going on, but the cost of the fare had gone down $10 pp. I know it's not much, but every bit counts, right?

So, that brings up the question as to whether or not there is a limit to the number of times you can use this to get a better deal. I can't find anything written about it, but I thought maybe someone here had some practical knowledge of it. TIA.

For future reference, if you see another offer for a lower price that doesn't include OBC, and you request the price drop online, you will lose the OBC. In that situation either call and ask so they don't process it where you lose the credit without knowing it, or make sure that claiming the price drop is worth losing the OBC if you submit the request online.

Congratulations on your price drop and OBC. I think I've read on this board that Carnival will honor ES price drop requests up until a couple days before sailing although I'm not seeing that in their terms and conditions:

https://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

For future reference, if you see another offer for a lower price that doesn't include OBC, and you request the price drop online, you will lose the OBC. In that situation either call and ask so they don't process it where you lose the credit without knowing it, or make sure that claiming the price drop is worth losing the OBC if you submit the request online.

Congratulations on your price drop and OBC. I think I've read on this board that Carnival will honor ES price drop requests up until a couple days before sailing although I'm not seeing that in their terms and conditions:

https://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

That is supposed to be true, but in my experience with ES (have booked ES on out B2Bs since they offered it), by 2 or 3 days before cruise, I can no longer find it listed on Fareviewer or Carnival's website so I cannot compare prices.

I usually book ES and check the website several times per day, when I remember, lol. My PvP says the price can change up to 4 times per day so I don't feel so silly when carnival is the first thing I check in the morning and the last one at night :rolleyes:

I usually book ES and check the website several times per day, when I remember, lol. My PvP says the price can change up to 4 times per day so I don't feel so silly when carnival is the first thing I check in the morning and the last one at night :rolleyes:

I think that they may evaluate prices on the whole that 3-4 times a day, so in other words a human makes a decision 'insides aren't selling well let's lower the price and see what happens' - then they sell a few and up the price

But make no mistake that they can and do change in real time. I've seen before - the minute I have held or booked a cabin - bam, the same category cabin next door is 10 or 20 dollars more as supply is less. I think the computer revenue system makes those decisions constantly.

Does a drop in the taxes and port fees count for the ES guarantee? Mine has dropped $92. The cruise price has only dropped $40, and I have $50 OBC, so not worth it if it doesn't include the drop in taxes.

It is a good idea to take a screen shot of any pricing you are matching to. Just in case it goes up before they receive or review it, then you can show them the exact pricing you are matching to.

Just a good CYA.

On past cruises, I have had multiple reduction in price due to ES. I either got a reduction of the balance of payment or OBC if the cruise was paid off.

Did you have to pay the total fare upfront to get the obc? How does that work if you have to cancel?

Thanks in advance

For those who may be unaware, there's a website (cruise fish dot net, no space) that lists the rates for every room type on every cruise line. They update frequently, and you can even pay a little money to get notified when a specific rate on a specific ship changes.

Might save you a little effort looking up the cruise every day to check the rate. :)

Edited by Bahbert