Cozumel Plus

CeeJayPonz

What Cozumel Plus means is you either get into Cozumel a few hours earlier or get to stay a few hours later. The cruise I am going on in October gets to Cozumel at 8am instead of 10am.....we get two extra hours in Cozumel...not that it matters as I really don't like Cozumel.....love the beaches, just nothing else about Cozumel....give me more time in other ports

We'll be in Cozomel from 12pm to 10pm.

We'll be at Nachi Cocom until we're tired of it or they close.....that will very likely leave us 5 hours or so remaining in Cozomel.

We're planning on just returning to the ship, resting, showering and getting ready for dinner.

Is there anything we would be missing out on in Cozomel?

That day is our actual anniversary and I want to make sure we don't miss out.

(Not to be taken the wrong way. ...we've got that down to a science LoL)

Workerbee, if you only go to a beach club you have missed everything!

We are going to go out on a boat snorkel tour. Then we'll hire a taxi to take us to the east side of the island. The other "wild" side of the island is completely different. The east side has big waves, rocky shore, great beach bars to sit and feel the breeze while you have food/drink and just relax.

If we were going to be there in the evening we'd go to Woody's and listen to live music.

What do you like to do?

• 3 months later...

Cozumel Plus also has additional excursions that are not available to those that just have Cozumel on their itinerary. I'm so excited that my cruise next year had Cozumel changed to Cozumel Plus because it means we get to go to Chitzen Itza.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We get there at 7:00 and depart at 4:00. Going to take advantage of heading over to Playa del Carmen via the ferry. I love the beaches over there.

I agree, PDC beaches are very nice indeed. So nice that I've probably spent several months total in either different resorts on the Playacar side to the left of the pier, or boutique hotels on the right side.

Great way to vacation!

Edited by evandbob

Cozumel Plus also has additional excursions that are not available to those that just have Cozumel on their itinerary. I'm so excited that my cruise next year had Cozumel changed to Cozumel Plus because it means we get to go to Chitzen Itza.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The new excursions all look pretty good. There is a swimming with Whale Sharks excursion that looks amazing. It's expensive and a lot of travel time but it's one of those once in a lifetime opportunities.

That is really the reason for Cozumel Plus. They wanted to add some shore excursions that take longer to get to, so they had to stay in port a little longer. So if you don't plan on doing an excursion it doesn't necessarily do much for you, but now you can do some pretty cool excursions that weren't possible before.