Carnival's Beginners Dive Excursion

tomcatguy74

Has anyone tried this excursion? My 17 your old son and I would like to do this when we get there in a couple of weeks.

Does it sell out quickly?

Is there any food or drinks or should we bring some?

What about the mouth pieces for the gear they give us? Are they used? Should we bring our own and what kind of mouth piece?

We have never dived before and want to learn and eventually get certified. I know this is not a certification course.

Figured this would be a great chance to find out if it's something we would want to take on as a hobby.

Any outsider info would be great.

Thanks!!

Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not familiar with this excursion. Hopefully someone who ahs gone on it will opine. But I would assume, based on snorkeling excursions using the vendor equipment, everything you use has been used by others and may or may not be as sanitized as you would like.

If there are dive shops in your area, go to one (especially if it has a PADI certification) and talk to them. They can get you set with your own mouth piece and fins if you want them. At least bring a pair of watersocks to wear with the fins you get from the excursion, if used fins concern you.Take an intro course in a local pool or where ever the shop has their course. It will prepare you and your son for the experience.

But mainly, don't fret over these things if you can't do them or find them before your cruise. Bring some sani-wipes and go enjoy the experience.:)

One could book directly with the dive shop, many offer a discover scuba option. There are heaps of shops both in West End and West Bay. Coconut Tree and Bananarama come to mind. I would ask if transport is included or if thay can sort it for you.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Is that a safe thing to do? We have always used the carnival excursions. Kind of worried that we're not gonna get back to the ship in time in case something happens. At least if we are on a carnival excursion the ship will not leave until the excursion gets back regardless of what time it is.

I did write an email to Anthony's key dive resort to see if we can get a third ticket through them and be put on the same transportation as the carnival excursion. Plus won't they be more expensive through them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on my phone at the moment but I am almost sure Bananarama in West Bay and Coconut Tree in West End do specific for cruise ship discovery dives. I would bet there are plenty others. Perhaps clicking though some of the reviews would put your mind at ease.

Anthony's Key is a dive til you drop AI. My preferance would be for something a bit more personalized.

The short answer is yes, it is safe. With that said, only you can say what your comfort level is.

I have idea what the cost is nor what others are, the only way to find out is to ask and do the research.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest 2000

Is that a safe thing to do? We have always used the carnival excursions. Kind of worried that we're not gonna get back to the ship in time in case something happens. At least if we are on a carnival excursion the ship will not leave until the excursion gets back regardless of what time it is.

I did write an email to Anthony's key dive resort to see if we can get a third ticket through them and be put on the same transportation as the carnival excursion. Plus won't they be more expensive through them?

Bananarama Discover Scuba Package. HERE

Coconut Tree Here

I was out snorkeling in a boat with these guys who had discover scuba people with us. Anemona Divers Here

There are prolly heaps more. Trip Advisor has reviews aplenty for most of the dive operations.

• 1 month later...