Cot for a 2.5yr old

Truebliss72

Well I just called P&O and they have our son sleeping in a cot onboard this is how they got the cheap fare happening for us. The cot domensions are 120cm and he is 100cm and he hasnt slept in a cot for 1 yr so I am not sure how he is going to go. He can also sleep with his sister top and tailing and P&O said this would be fine if he doesnt want to sleep in the cot or dosent fit. As we all need room to move he may not have much room. They said we could purchase another cabin and I said I dont have any extra thousands basically!

Hi Anissa

Gee sounds like you just got in with your booking.

I have 3 ferals (age 8, 6, 4) and there is no way the 4 yo would be seen in a cot (let alone fit), so if we intend taking the family on a cruise we would have to book the 2 cabins. I assume that the cot would be the "porta-cot" variety, which you could fold up during the day for more space?

I'll further check out the situation and check out what families do in regard to rooms when I'm onboard next week.

I just rang P&O also and N533 is fully booked and waitlisted which is one of the reasons why we ended up with x2 twin berths, she said there were a large number of people requiring x4 berths.

Iamajulie,

Couldnt you top to tail your 6 and 4 year olds? - Like accept the booking with a Cot for the 4 year old but just not use it (leave it folded up)...

I dont see how a family is going to split parents across two cabins.

Maybe P&O no longer want to attract families of 5 ?

p.s. Ferals.. made me laugh, I know exactly what you mean !

Well I just called P&O and they have our son sleeping in a cot onboard this is how they got the cheap fare happening for us. The cot domensions are 120cm and he is 100cm and he hasnt slept in a cot for 1 yr so I am not sure how he is going to go. He can also sleep with his sister top and tailing and P&O said this would be fine if he doesnt want to sleep in the cot or dosent fit. As we all need room to move he may not have much room. They said we could purchase another cabin and I said I dont have any extra thousands basically!

I'd be taking some kind of sleeping bag or something for your little one. He might enjoy the adventure of sleeping on the floor & you can just put it away each day.

There is no way my kids would sleep in a cot at 2.5.

If he is short you can always stick him in one of the draws!

Im of course only joking, but i do threaten my nephew with that when we are discussing sleeping arangements and he argues he doesnt want the top bunk.

He's 10 by the way and I dont think he'd fit even if i wanted him to.

Dan

Archived