McBeam Tours

retrieverdad

We used McBeam tours last week when we were in Jamaica and they were wonderful. We climbed the falls, tubed on the river, spent time at Mahoganey Beach and finished our day shopping. We we traveling with our 3 year old DS and enjoyed one of the best vacations days we have ever had. Ionie was fantastic, when we went shopping we were not pressured by the locals. I would highly recommend McBeam tours.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Mark

how many people were on the tours with you? how much did a day with them cost? did you get the feeling it would be easy to customize the tour? we will be staying in a resort for a few days and want to get away from it. did the mcbeams seem to know about the local flora and fauna?

how many people were on the tours with you? how much did a day with them cost? did you get the feeling it would be easy to customize the tour? we will be staying in a resort for a few days and want to get away from it. did the mcbeams seem to know about the local flora and fauna?

There were six in our group with Lewis (our family) 2 1/2 years ago. We were together in their smaller van. I think it seated up to 9 or so, but I can't remember exacltly. Ionie had the larger van which seated quite a bit more, but I can't remember exactly. Possibly, 20 or so? I believe we paid around $30 per person. That price also included the entry fee into Dunns Falls, but if you don't want to do the falls, I am sure they will deduct the amount. However, if you've not done the falls before, I highy suggest you do. The area is just so pretty and lush. We also tipped Lewis at the end of the tour. It was really a cheap morning...our own private tour guide for $20, plus a tip. It seems like we met Ionie at 8:00 and we were back by 12:30 or so.

What I did was email her and tell her where we wanted to go. I think for the most part, everyone wants to do basically the same things, so she modified the tour to our needs.

The McBeams were wonderful! Lewis would slow down (and stop, if we wanted) to look at the beautiful scenery and plants, etc. Lewis knew everything about the area, the history of the country, the plants, the animals... We've recommended them to several of our friends who've stayed near Ocho at one of the resorts. They wanted to get out and about and see the area, and not stay in the resort compound the whole time.

You can't go wrong with Ionie and Lewis. My daughter's sorority was going to spend a week there during spring break (unfortunately, the plans changed), and I was going to call Ionie and tell her about my daughter being there. I wanted to ask Ionie if she'd be there in case there was an emergency. I know she would have done this for me because that's the type of people her and her husband are. I've kept in contact with her and Lewis through the years. They are both so nice!!

Have a great time! :)

Archived