Anthem questions

We have WOW bands from Quantum can they be reprogramed for a Anthem cruise?

Approx how much are the beverage plans (looking at a 9 day cruise)? Does everyone in the room have to have one? If I am registered with my kids in one room do the kids have to get soda plans?

Is Jamies open for embarkation lunch? do they take reservations?

Do I understand the dinning correctly? I can choose a dinning time early or late and rotate around the 3 free restaurants with the same wait staff. Like Disney. But I have no idea what my rotation will be until I board.

Or I can choose to make all my reservations ahead of time or on ship and dine were I want when I want. Like NCL and have new wait staff every night.

Is there anyplace I can see the Solarium bistro menu? We loved devantly decadent but its gone now. Did they keep the brownie? Is the menu similar to DD?

Thank You

We have WOW bands from Quantum can they be reprogramed for a Anthem cruise?

Approx how much are the beverage plans (looking at a 9 day cruise)? Does everyone in the room have to have one? If I am registered with my kids in one room do the kids have to get soda plans?

Is Jamies open for embarkation lunch? do they take reservations?

Do I understand the dinning correctly? I can choose a dinning time early or late and rotate around the 3 free restaurants with the same wait staff. Like Disney. But I have no idea what my rotation will be until I board.

Or I can choose to make all my reservations ahead of time or on ship and dine were I want when I want. Like NCL and have new wait staff every night.

Is there anyplace I can see the Solarium bistro menu? We loved devantly decadent but its gone now. Did they keep the brownie? Is the menu similar to DD?

Thank You

Yes, about the bands.

You have the right idea about DD Classic. But, you rotate amongst 4 complementary restaurants. You get the schedule onboard, and The Grande is part of the rotation so unless you randomly get assigned there on the first or last night, there is a formal dress code (which is really just jackets for men and something nice for the woman - not necessarily so formal)

DD Choice, you have the right idea. Reservations are highly recommended ahead of time. Recent cruisers have been reporting long waits or being unable to be seated except at very early (before 5:45pm) or very late (after 9pm). We had no problem getting a standing reservation once onboard for 5:45pm, but others who have cruised more recently said that they could not do it.

WOW bands can be re-programmed.

RC does not require all guests in a stateroom to purchase a beverage package. Prices for your cruise will be listed in your Cruise Planner.

If you have Dynamic Classic dining, then the rotation is as you describe. If you want to choose your time and restaurant every night, then change to Dynamic Choice.

WOW bands can be re-programmed.

RC does not require all guests in a stateroom to purchase a beverage package. Prices for your cruise will be listed in your Cruise Planner.

If you have Dynamic Classic dining, then the rotation is as you describe. If you want to choose your time and restaurant every night, then change to Dynamic Choice.

We are on the Anthem in Sept. Our first time on one of these mega ships. So all our dining time says is dynamic. How do we know if we have classic or choice? This is so confusing :o

We are on the Anthem in Sept. Our first time on one of these mega ships. So all our dining time says is dynamic. How do we know if we have classic or choice? This is so confusing :o

What did you pick? Early or late would be classic. If you made reservations for each and every night, that would be choice. If you picked early or late dining, your rotation will be in your cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise :):)

What did you pick? Early or late would be classic. If you made reservations for each and every night, that would be choice. If you picked early or late dining, your rotation will be in your cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise :):)

I don't know what we picked. It just says dynamic. Sounds like this ship is for the "young" :D I cruise for relaxation.....all this is making my brain hurt ;)

Can we have a group of 9 in Dynamic dining?

I don't know what we picked. It just says dynamic. Sounds like this ship is for the "young" :D I cruise for relaxation.....all this is making my brain hurt ;)

I believe you can, though you may need to have all the bookings linked for dining. You can contact whoever booked your cruise to get the bookings linked.

If your bookings are linked, yes. One person in your group should do the reservations for all.

No the ship is not for the young, but the young at heart. We are seniors and enjoyed most that the Anthem had to offer. You also must make reservations for the 3 main shows and the entertainment, like I-FLY, Northstar and the puzzle room........bumper cars are just stand in line......it goes fast and we all felt like a kid again.

I don't know what we picked. It just says dynamic.

At the bottom of my Anthem reservation on Royal Caribbean's website it says "Dynamic Dining Choice". Yours should say that or something like "Dynamic Dining Classic". Does it say either?

Edited by Yorkvillain

For a group of 9 IMO you would be much better off in dd classic with either early or late seating. That way your table will always be ready for you at the assigned time. If you're in "Choice", even with a reservation you will have to wait until a large enough table is available. Have your ta contact Royal to see if there's room for you in classic.

At the bottom of my Anthem reservation on Royal Caribbean's website it says "Dynamic Dining Choice". Yours should say that or something like "Dynamic Dining Classic". Does it say either?

No....just says Dynamic in all caps :confused:

For a group of 9 IMO you would be much better off in dd classic with either early or late seating. That way your table will always be ready for you at the assigned time. If you're in "Choice", even with a reservation you will have to wait until a large enough table is available. Have your ta contact Royal to see if there's room for you in classic.

Does this ship even have "traditional" dining in one dining room?

No the ship is not for the young, but the young at heart. We are seniors and enjoyed most that the Anthem had to offer. You also must make reservations for the 3 main shows and the entertainment, like I-FLY, Northstar and the puzzle room........bumper cars are just stand in line......it goes fast and we all felt like a kid again.

Good to know :D:)

Does this ship even have "traditional" dining in one dining room?

There's no such thing as Traditional dining on Anthem. The closest you can get is Dynamic Classic, where you will have the same dining time, tablemates, and wait staff every night. However you will rotate among the 4 "free" restaurants each night.

Edited by clarea