Cheers! And other questions...

KCruise9876

I am leaving for a cruise on the Paradise in a little less than 2 weeks! We purchased the Cheers! package. I have read about people not being able to get drinks in the dining room and they get them from a bar before dinner. Is this because they are not included in Cheers! when ordered from the dining room or just because there is a bit of a wait? Is the wait really so long that you can't get a drink? Say I ordered a glass of wine with my app, would it arrive with the app? Sorry if these seem like silly questions.

I read the dress code and see that jeans are OK as long as it's not elegant night. Do many people wear them on causal nights?

About Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel (I understand I can also post this on the Cozumel board, but figured if try here while I'm at it.) I have read many posts from people that know how many ships will be in port. I tried Google and it looks like we have two and neither of them are giant ships, from what I can tell. What websites do you use to see this? If two is correct, I shouldn't need to pre-book at Mr Sanchos, right?? I'm so excited about this and I'm worried they will turn us away for being full.

Last, but definitely not least!... I am bringing my ID and birth certificate. I'm married so the name between the two will not match, but my ID and booking do match. That should be ok, right? I do not need to show anything else? I've had abut 5 dreams where I get to the port and they do not let me on the boat!

Thanks!! We are so excited for this trip!!!!

I am leaving for a cruise on the Paradise in a little less than 2 weeks! We purchased the Cheers! package. I have read about people not being able to get drinks in the dining room and they get them from a bar before dinner. Is this because they are not included in Cheers! when ordered from the dining room or just because there is a bit of a wait? Is the wait really so long that you can't get a drink? Say I ordered a glass of wine with my app, would it arrive with the app? Sorry if these seem like silly questions.

I read the dress code and see that jeans are OK as long as it's not elegant night. Do many people wear them on causal nights?

About Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel (I understand I can also post this on the Cozumel board, but figured if try here while I'm at it.) I have read many posts from people that know how many ships will be in port. I tried Google and it looks like we have two and neither of them are giant ships, from what I can tell. What websites do you use to see this? If two is correct, I shouldn't need to pre-book at Mr Sanchos, right?? I'm so excited about this and I'm worried they will turn us away for being full.

Last, but definitely not least!... I am bringing my ID and birth certificate. I'm married so the name between the two will not match, but my ID and booking do match. That should be ok, right? I do not need to show anything else? I've had abut 5 dreams where I get to the port and they do not let me on the boat!

You can use Cheers for the dinning, they are a little slower so I usually grab my glass of wine or a drink before we go in and them immediately order one in the dining room and by the time I finish the one I came in with I have another drink.

I have never wore jeans on a cruise, just too hot but I think it is perfectly acceptable on non elegant nights.

Mr. Sanchos- you should be okay but you can book with a $5 deposit and pay the rest when you get there.

Your ID and birth certificate are fine- every woman that is married if they change their name will of course not have matching birth certificate and ID.

Don't stress and have a blast on your cruise.

You can book Mr. Sanchos online the day before you leave. It's a $15 cab over there for 4 people so no big deal going on your own versus ship excursion. we do it everytime. There were 3 ships in town when we went and it wasn't packed. so much to do in cozumel!

I would take my marriage license with the birth certificate to be safe on the ID problem. Once you get a passport, that won't be necessary.

The drinks just take a long time to get in the dining room but they are included in Cheers.

As to Cheers in the DR, yes, but the first night the wait was 1/2 hour. We forgot we ordered them and really did not want them since we were already eating. We were never charged for them. Night #2, YTD, we told the food server we will not start our service until we have our "pre-dinner" cocktail. The server must have ignored us and brought the food out immediately. We got the maitre'd. We refused the drinks on night 2 as well. Night 3, when we checked in the Maitre'd recognized us and assured us we will have our drinks before dinner. The rest of the week was perfect.

Cheers works in the dining room; however, it can be difficult to find a cocktail server there. And when you finally do, it can take them a while to actually bring your drink back. So if you know you'd like to enjoy your drink in the dining room, take one with you and then keep your eye open in the dining for a server to come by. Sometimes your waiter can help you in finding a cocktail server.

Jeans are okay in the dining room on cruise casual nights, and yes many people do wear them.

Carnival states the name on the cruise reservation and the photo ID match. Carnival does not state the birth certificate must match. I assume this is because you already had to prove to the government any name changes to obtain the photo ID. See the "Names on Travel Documentation" here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3409

Have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone. I see what you are saying about the dining room. I got a copy of my marriage license just to be safe, but from what I read and what I hear, I will not need it. I am going to get a passport before our next cruise so that I do not have to worry about it.

Thanks again!

Just off the Paradise with Cheers...we didn't have any issues ordering drinks in the MDR, we actually became good friends with our "bar sever" his name is Randy from the Philippines. Look out for him if you can, he took very good care of us and our wait wasn't long at all. We found him working the pool deck and the comedy club also so he continued his awesome service.

Key thing with the birth certificate, do not miss the boat in a foreign country.

Don't know if I saw any jeans last time - shorts due to the heat. But I would not be surprised to see them in the MDR.

My wife had her ID, certificate and our marriage license. At check-in, she tried to hand the marriage license to them and they said "we don't need that." I guess as long as most of the name matches and the birthdate matches on the license that's good enough. Can't hurt to bring it - just leave it in the safe.