Oasis, flight time, luggage valet, Grand Suite

We are sailing on the Oasis in a Grand Suite from Port Canaveral in Jan-Feb 2017. I had a few questions I'd appreciate some help with.

1. Is Luggage Valet for disembarkation included in a Grand Suite?

2. For the Suites, can you disembark any time you want?

3. I am traveling with my wife and two young kids. Do you think if we did the luggage valet, and didn't check any other bags, and took a shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO, we'd be fine making a Southwest flight at MCO at 12:05pm?

Thank you!

Luggage Valet is included as part of the suite perks for a Grand Suite.

You should have no problem making a 12:05pm flight, however I'd plan to leave the ship by 8:30am to give yourself ample time for customs, travel, and security at the airport.

I used the luggage valet last year out of Fort Lauderdale on Southwest and it was great. It was only available if the flight was 11:30 or later. I am going on the Oasis Oct 2017 and when I called Royal Caribbean to find out what are the time restrictions since the airport is much further they told me they have no information about times and they were not even sure if it was available in Orlando. If anyone knows the correct answer and what times I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve

I used the luggage valet last year out of Fort Lauderdale on Southwest and it was great. It was only available if the flight was 11:30 or later. I am going on the Oasis Oct 2017 and when I called Royal Caribbean to find out what are the time restrictions since the airport is much further they told me they have no information about times and they were not even sure if it was available in Orlando. If anyone knows the correct answer and what times I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve

This post links to a Luggage Valet form for Freedom, which is in PC now:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342912

There's no way to know if the time restrictions will be the same for Oasis, but it will give you an idea.

Thanks Bob. If it stays the same that would mean flights from 12-7.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd try to get a flight before 6pm, just in case the timing changes and they bring in Oasis at 6am like they do in Port Everglades.

To the OP

When we fly out of Orlando airport we build in extra travel time....we have seen delays of over an hour getting thru TSA. The have a couple people checking ID and Boarding passes.

Then the line merges to two lines.

Everybody packed in.

They move slow.

Leave the ship allowing enough time in case of a delay on freeway or TSA delays.

Just saying

Is it better to fly into Orlando or Melbourne, FL for Port Canaveral. We will be flying from Knoxville, TN to board the Oasis the end of February.

They are both about the same time from the port. Melbourne will be much less crowded, but MCO will have many more flight options.

• 1 month later...

We are on Oasis in a GS. We are on 10/8 departure flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Delta leaving at 11:24am. I know they have a published 11:30am requirement but will RCCL really bust our chops over the luggage valet over six minutes?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

We are on Oasis in a GS. We are on 10/8 departure flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Delta leaving at 11:24am. I know they have a published 11:30am requirement but will RCCL really bust our chops over the luggage valet over six minutes?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

It's not RC that makes the call, it's the airline. You can go to Guest Services and ask RC to contact the airline for approval of your flight time.