First time MSC advice (Preziosa)

Adelen

Hi there

We are a New Zealand couple in mid 40s travelling to Europe for the first time ever in Sept. We have a 7 night MSC Preziosa cruise booked (from Genoa, but I understand you can get on at any port).

We are in cabin 11189 (fantastica class) and have the basic allegrissimo drinks package (tap beer only). No OBC etc.

2 days after getting off MSC cruise we join Celebrity Reflection in Civitavecchia for an 11 night cruise- but thats another story and I've posted on the Celebrity forum about that.

My questions:

Cabin choice (11189)? Is it ok?

Drinks package? Does it include ice-cream (or anything else) and if so from where?

Main a la carte restaurant- we prefer to eat here than buffet. What is it called on Preziosa and are there other "free" places to eat?

Is it possible to choose to tip the service staff we develop relationships with and "turn off" the daily tipping charge.

Any other Reflection tips? Adults only pool? Can we take bottled water off the ship for port visit?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered,

Adele

Hi there

We are a New Zealand couple in mid 40s travelling to Europe for the first time ever in Sept. We have a 7 night MSC Preziosa cruise booked (from Genoa, but I understand you can get on at any port).

We are in cabin 11189 (fantastica class) and have the basic allegrissimo drinks package (tap beer only). No OBC etc.

2 days after getting off MSC cruise we join Celebrity Reflection in Civitavecchia for an 11 night cruise- but thats another story and I've posted on the Celebrity forum about that.

My questions:

Drinks package? Does it include ice-cream (or anything else) and if so from where?

Main a la carte restaurant- we prefer to eat here than buffet. What is it called on Preziosa and are there other "free" places to eat?

Is it possible to choose to tip the service staff we develop relationships with and "turn off" the daily tipping charge.

Any other Reflection tips? Adults only pool? Can we take bottled water off the ship for port visit?

Adele

11189 is a standard cabin in a good location, so it's better than OK

The buffets are the INCA and MAYA on deck 14 they are two parts of one big area.

MSC's policy is not to tip individuals but leave it to the daily service charge (DSC) to provide the gratuities.

Tipping individuals is hard as it is the perceived wisdom that they can get sacked if they don't add it to the "pot", so they can't be seen by anybody to accept a tip. If you do tip it must be done extremely discreetly.

As for "turning off " the DSC it involves talking to guest relations and explaining what service you are unhappy about.

You can take bottled water off the ship, and it's included in your drinks package.

ice cream in a cone or tub is included in the drinks package

don't know if there is an adults only pool or if there are any free eateries other than the MDR and buffets.

Pete

PS try and get a status match in the Voyager's loyalty club

Edited by Skier52

Hi there

My questions:

Adele

Tipping and DSC info from the brochure

daily%20srvice%20cgarge%20tiooing.jpg

There is an adults only sundeck with a spa (no pool), it has a cost, we didn't go there as we were in the YC and travelling with our 10yr old. It was called the Top 18. On Deck 18 above the Galaxy Restaurant/club.

Other than that, enjoy it, be prepared for the smoking (not sure about Kiwi's, but as Aussies we found it a bit much.)

We only did ship booked tours once, and that was Malta as it was such a short stop, but I believe they are changing their itinerary.

And yes, people get on and off every port!

Enjoy!

We just joined MSC Voyagers Loyalty Club with their status match. We are Elite on Princess, it was very easy to do, just fill in the online form and scan your existing cruise status card or equivalent loyalty status proof.

We sent it off one day the next we received the matched top black card level membership cards.

We have booked an MSC cruise and looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app