Which cruise line for foodies

jonj

First, you should not apologize for calling yourself a foodie. There are many types and experience levels in this category. If you enjoy eating for pleasure and trying new foods then you are one. If you enjoy variety and/or quality you are one. If you like to eat more than just generic meat and potatoes for every meal and have moved on past the kids menu as your food groups then you can be one. You just have define more what you're looking for out of your experiences and what is the most important aspect of it (quality, take service, drink menus, artistic vs simple, etc).

We really enjoy the quality of the food on Holland America. My only complaint is that the menu and options seem to be shrinking (as well as the portion sizes). It is one of the few buffets i find i enjoy and actually look forward to when it comes to breakfast. Many of the items on it are made to order and the variety is excellent. I always stated my day there with some variation of an eggs Benedict. We skipped breakfast in the pinnacle even though we have always been in a suite.

As for other lines, i haven't tried enough of them to give you much of an opinion. Carnival is not the ship for this. Royal Caribbean may be worth a shot if you are on a ship with many options. We really enjoyed the tasting menu restaurant on the Oasis of the Seas... many people find that to be too adventurous for them though since they have little control over what is being served. My husband and i love tasting menus though and always opt for that adventure anywhere one is offered.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Edited by sherilyn70

I have cruised all the lines you have and would also describe myself as a foodie. If you wish to keep the big ship activities, just jump to suites and you're in a whole new food world. The Haven on NCL did it particularly well but Coastal Kitchen is nice. HAL used to do a great job but like everyone else have dropped but I still think their steakhouse is my favorite at sea.

If you want to jump up to premium, Oceania is the way to go. Azamara , the food was good and beat all the lines you have been on but not a very "foodie menu", just prepared well.

My friends just did a river cruise on UNI and said food was pretty impressive in terms of fresh and local... which is the whole deal in the "foodie world " right now.:rolleyes: