Best non-ship sponsored Shore Excursion?

alabama_cruisin

• 2 weeks later...

We snorkeled in Nassau in March of last year. We weren't cold at all. And the snorkeling was very good there. We did the ships excursion from Carnival Fantasy to Athol Island. We would have preferred to do the 3 stop snorkeling tour with Stuart's cove. But our ship didn't dock in time to meet their pick up time.

We are going again next month and will be getting in earlier in the day on Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas. We are thinking about doing the Sea Island Adventures tour to Rose Island that includes a boat ride out to the island, snorkeling from the beach and a hot lunch. It's a 6 hour tour. And we liked the extra beach time than what is offered by the cruise line tours.

We also went to the British Colonial Hilton's beach after snorkeling last March which is within walking distance from the ship. It was $15 per person to use their beach and pool. It was very nice. They had a live band playing by the pool that you could also hear on the beach. The had plenty of lounge chairs by both the beach and the pool. And they had bar and food service from their outdoor restaurant by the pool as well as on the beach with little tables you can set your drinks/food on on the beach and umbrella tables poolside. It was a nice place and we enjoyed our afternoon there.

Here's the email address of the person I contacted at the British Colonial Hilton. It was 8 months ago. So I don't know if she still works there or not. But it's worth a try:

carla.riley@hilton.com

You don't need a reservation or anything. You just walk up to the counter where the hotel guests check in and pay (I've heard it was cheaper than $15 for kids). They give you a receipt. You take the receipt to the beach shack and exchange it for your towels. I have some nice pictures of the pool and beach areas that I can email you if you like.

Archived