Train question

Edmontontraveller

We have a tour wrapping up October 9th, 2016 and are heading to Rome for a few days. I am wondering if you could let me know which train station you would recommend going to. I have an older person and lots of bags. And did you book in advance?

I think to find the right answer, you should provide more info about where your hotel will be. That might help decide which train station is closest. However, with no other information provided I would think that you sound like a taxi will be the best method of getting from any train station to your hotel given your luggage and passenger info. Termini station will most likely have the most taxis nearby. However, getting taxis at other stations can also be possible. They may just not be as quickly available and/or waiting when you leave the train.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Yes, the answer to your question depends 100% on where you are coming from and WHERE in Roma you will be going to or the hotel where you will be staying.

Edited by Terpnut

Hi; we have booked a bus which departs from the cruise terminal at 9.15am and goes via the airport into Rome dropping off at Termini Station at 11.00am. The cost is 20 euro's. It might be slightly longer than the train but would avoid lugging your suitcases. You can book through either SmartCruiseTours or the company CivitTours.

The OP is interested in getting to downtown Rome after a tour, not to the airport.

Where are you departing from? There are luggage services that you might want to take advantage of. Smaller stations, like Civitavecchia, do not have elevators so you need to climb a full flight of stairs, twice, to get to/from the tracks and the station.