Altun Ha & River vs. Caves

Nemanoxer

Hi cruise mates :cool:

I´ll be going to Belize with NCL Getaway in September, and somehow I am really having a hard time deciding what excursion I should take.

On one hand, my concept for this vacation was "relax and calm down by any means". As day 1 in Roatan will be my beach day, day 2 can have a little more movement involved, so I thought "Altun Ha & Olde Belize River Cruise" could be the best thing for me.

But I have also checked out Shoreexcursioneer, and so I came across excursions like "Belize St. Herman's Inland Blue Hole National Park Excursion" and "Belize Crystal Cave Exploration and River Tubing Excursion".

I know those excursions are totally different, and after all I will have to make the decision on my own. I do love nature (Dominica was my favourite Caribbean destination til now), but I do not like too much getting all dirty and smudgy.

Maybe some of you guys would like to share their thoughts / memories / feelings about the different kinds of tours with me. And maybe that makes it easier for me to develop some kind of gut feeling about it :D

Edited by Nemanoxer

Cave tubing and exploration is something unique to Belize in the Western Caribbean. Not sure Shore Excursioner's [prices but there are a number of companies doing cave tubing. You can find reviews on this board.

What other ports besides Roatan and Belize are you stopping at? That could help in deciding excursion ideas.

First stop is Roatan (I am planning a beach day).

Second stop is Belize.

Third stop is Costa Maya (seems to become another beach day, maybe with JetSki - not many alternatives there).

Last stop will be Cozumel. There is everything, so I would do there what I did not do during the other stops.

Cave tubing and exploration is something unique to Belize in the Western Caribbean. Not sure Shore Excursioner's [prices but there are a number of companies doing cave tubing. You can find reviews on this board.

What other ports besides Roatan and Belize are you stopping at? That could help in deciding excursion ideas.

May I suggest: cavetubing in Belize. Maya ruins in Costa Maya (contact The Native Choice https://thenativechoice.com/ better ruins than Altun Ha and good immersion into late Maya culture. Then Bar Hop/Beach Hop in Cozumel (great way to tour the island and you don't HAVE to drink at each stop. See the Cozumel board for information and reviews. http://cozumelbarhop.com/