Ultimate Beverage Package for 20-year-old?

For the free at sea offers NCL has, one of the options is unlimited beverages.

If two people, one 22 years old and one 20 years old, go on a cruise, and the 22 year old picks the unlimited beverage package, does the 20 year old also have to pick that package? Their parent will not be on board so no alcohol buying for them, so they'd get downgraded to the soda package. But they don't want the soda package. Could they pick another offer instead? Or do both people have to pick the same offer?

For the free at sea offers NCL has, one of the options is unlimited beverages.

If two people, one 22 years old and one 20 years old, go on a cruise, and the 22 year old picks the unlimited beverage package, does the 20 year old also have to pick that package? Their parent will not be on board so no alcohol buying for them, so they'd get downgraded to the soda package. But they don't want the soda package. Could they pick another offer instead? Or do both people have to pick the same offer?

If they're in the same cabin, they need to agree on what free at sea offers they're choosing. Both the beverage package and the specialty dining package are for the first 2 guests in the cabin, so if they choose the beverage package and they're the 2 in the cabin, the 22 year old will get UBP, the 20 year old will get soda. There's no picking and choosing, unless each booking their own cabin

If they're in the same cabin, they need to agree on what free at sea offers they're choosing. Both the beverage package and the specialty dining package are for the first 2 guests in the cabin, so if they choose the beverage package and they're the 2 in the cabin, the 22 year old will get UBP, the 20 year old will get soda. There's no picking and choosing, unless each booking their own cabin

Okay thanks for clearing that up! Yeah we'd be in the same cabin, so it looks like we'd have to agree.

Does the soda (or UBP) include juice? Like cranberry or orange? I can get it in the morning for free at the buffet, but after that you have to pay for it.

Seems like the twenty-year-old should at least be able to get the virgin drinks instead of just a soda package. The virgin frozen drinks on board are pretty expensive so this would save a lot of money if you received these on a universal drink package even if you weren't allowed to drink alcohol.

Seems like the twenty-year-old should at least be able to get the virgin drinks instead of just a soda package. The virgin frozen drinks on board are pretty expensive so this would save a lot of money if you received these on a universal drink package even if you weren't allowed to drink alcohol.

Great point! I hope that would be the case, but I would check first before making a decision. Or maybe just wait until he turns 21 to make my life easier.

Problem is that 20 year-olds aren't eligible for the Unlimited Beverage Package even with parents permission.

Does the soda (or UBP) include juice? Like cranberry or orange? I can get it in the morning for free at the buffet, but after that you have to pay for it.

I had the UBP earlier in the year and got orange juice from two different bars with no charge.

Problem is that 20 year-olds aren't eligible for the Unlimited Beverage Package even with parents permission.

Right, I knew he wouldn't be able to get the alcoholic beverage package. But now that someone mentioned the virgin package (so like virgin frozen drinks, etc), as a step up from the soda/juice package, I'm wondering if that's possible.

Edited by jmcookiemonster25

Right, I knew he wouldn't be able to get the alcoholic beverage package. But now that someone mentioned the virgin package (so like virgin frozen drinks, etc), as a step up from the soda/juice package, I'm wondering if that's possible.

There is no such thing. Someone with UBP can get those things, but with soda package it's just soda.