Chocolate Night on the Dawn

RACRLS

I understand there is no more Chocoholic Buffet, but I am wondering if anyone knows when the "Chocolate Night" is scheduled on the Dawn during cruises to Bermuda. I am trying to decide on dining reservations and do not wish to book a conflict. Any inputs would be helpful.

Yeah... don't trouble yourself over it. It's something like an extra chocolate dessert added to the menu in each restaurant, none of them particularly exotic or worth making a trip for.

Not that the buffet was, either, in recent years -- it was cheap chocolate flavored crap except for a few items, but it was pretty to look at.

Treat yourself to a nice (sealed) box of your favorite chocolates from home and have them on chocolate night.

The box of Godiva used to be nice, keep shrinking in size, down to 4 pieces. Soon, maybe just a small generic "bar" of chocolate similar to this. 87900b959a72cb3b2168de858064c2b2.jpg

Bring one from home as suggested above.

The pastry chefs on NCL ships used to be very good to excellent with their variety, presentation and taste, etc. - in years past or long ago. If you like something like Chocolate Lava cake, enjoy because it was featured in the MDR on the Breakaway for at least 3 out 7 nights.

via Nexus* over Google Fi - WiFi network, VPN secured

Edited by mking8288

Can you get chocolate lava cake at Cagney's?
Possibly if you ask your waiter. Last year on the Dawn, I was eating at the Teppanyaki restaurant and two of us said we would love the chocolate lava cake and our waiter went and got us each one.

In November we were on the dawn and by accident we was at the buffet and I went to pick up dessert. I was curious why such a large crowd and found out it was a special of all chocolate desserts. I don't recall if it was advertised but sure it was. It was towards the end of the cruise. There was too many good desserts to pick from.

We had been to the late night cholate buffet before (when they still had it) and in my opinion I enjoyed the ones they had better at the lunch buffet.

Good old memory lanes - NCL days then ~ 2008 on the "Star"

Chocolate nights - ain't nothing like it these days, the Dawn & other Jewel class ships in those days ... all put on quite a showcase, including the ice cravings. ;)

DSC00365_zpsgbm5broo.jpg

DSC00362_zpsjwmnrehv.jpg

DSC00366_zpskkbzrifc.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Just an added thought: You can always go to the MDR later in evening and just have dessert.

We occasionally hit a dessert and coffee in the MDR just before they close from lunch. Some where in between pool, cocktails and a nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you get chocolate lava cake at Cagney's?

We just returned from the Dawn cruising to Bermuda on Friday

Great food and weather, don't remember lava cake on menu at Cagneys but once I saw the apple crisp I stopped reading! 😎

Both DH and I Got stung by 'Portuguese men of war' at Horseshoe Bay though! Hope they're gone by the time You arrive!

I have pics of Menus at specialty restaurants if anyone wants to see them. I have friends sailing with you next week!

No more chocolate night on the Dawn!

You can get Lobster in the Venetian on one night for $24.95 though!!!

Specialty restaurants (if not included in your package) are Al La Carte, prices are very reasonable but they expect a tip at the end of the meal.

They give you a bill to sign and comp you for the food included in your dining package and there is a tip line on that bill.

If I can help anyone with info, feel free to email me at Mscasey95@aol.com

Have a wonderful cruise, we did

Patti