What's your favorite item on the buffet?

gatorphin

I'm surprised you are surprised about me having smoked salmon on the buffet i may have had it before they stopped. The question is ( WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ITEM ON THE BUFFET)

I'm surprised that you're surprised that beachseasand was surprised about salmon on the buffet. :D

You are correct in that the original question is your favorite item on the buffet.

In the last 2 pages alone, there are mentions of Tandoor, the Deli and even the MDR - so I think it's not unrealistic to say this thread has been opened to food just about anywhere on the ship. :)

To answer the salmon question; at this point in time - you can get smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese at the deli. I had one in June. Yum!

I need to look for the pineapple, apple, ginger salad; I don't look at the actual buffet enough and that sounds great!

Since I usually don't eat my main meal from the buffet, to answer the original question. ;) I guess I would say the pineapple upside down cake from The Sweet Spot.

And, I have a question - maybe it's already been answered. I love baked beans, but I have never had them for breakfast. When I saw them appear there a year or so ago, I was surprised. Is this a common breakfast food I'm not aware of? I seen the comments about it with eggs and omelettes - is that what they go with best? Enquiring minds want to know!

Edited by CruzinScotty

I'm surprised that you're surprised that beachseasand was surprised about salmon on the buffet. :D

You are correct in that the original question is your favorite item on the buffet.

In the last 2 pages alone, there are mentions of Tandoor, the Deli and even the MDR - so I think it's not unrealistic to say this thread has been opened to food just about anywhere on the ship. :)

To answer the salmon question; at this point in time - you can get smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese at the deli. I had one in June. Yum!

I need to look for the pineapple, apple, ginger salad; I don't look at the actual buffet enough and that sounds great!

Since I usually don't eat my main meal from the buffet, to answer the original question. ;) I guess I would say the pineapple upside down cake from The Sweet Spot.

And, I have a question - maybe it's already been answered. I love baked beans, but I have never had them for breakfast. When I saw them appear there a year or so ago, I was surprised. Is this a common breakfast food I'm not aware of? I seen the comments about it with eggs and omelettes - is that what they go with best? Enquiring minds want to know!

same here never for breakfast but have seen people eat them on rolls STRANGE, i watch the travel channel and see it quite often on the buffett on cruises.

Baked beans for breakfast are a British thing. Heinz Vegetarian beans.

I assumed buffet meant anything 'self serve', that is not MDR or room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Favorite thing on the buffet is melon slices that I wrap in prosciutto slices and eat with various cheeses. I usually wipe out their prosciutto offering first thing every morning. It's a great 7am snack while I wait for the rest of my party to get up and moving for our 9am meet-up in the MDR.

Baked beans for breakfast are a British thing. Heinz Vegetarian beans.

same here never for breakfast but have seen people eat them on rolls STRANGE, i watch the travel channel and see it quite often on the buffett on cruises.

Thanks for the information on the baked beans. I just might have to give it a try.

Favorite thing on the buffet is melon slices that I wrap in prosciutto slices and eat with various cheeses. I usually wipe out their prosciutto offering first thing every morning. It's a great 7am snack while I wait for the rest of my party to get up and moving for our 9am meet-up in the MDR.

Hey, don't be eating ALL of the prosciutto. ;) That sounds like a good idea, though. One evening, I got the Prosciutto appetizer and ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer as well. That was a great combo.

I'm more than a little ashamed to admit this but I ate tortilla chips topped with an ooey gooey cheese sauce each day after boarding the ship from our excursions.

I've not seen tortilla chips and have seen many other people complain they can't find them on the ship. Where did you find them and what ship? If there's cheese sauce, I'm guessing a Fantasy class ship that still has the grill? But - where are the tortilla chips? LOL

Ha Ha. I didn't start at the beginning, I opened the last page, which was page 5 at that time.

I didn't realize the OP started the thread with an answer of pizza, which of course, supports your theory of anything on the Lido deck.

Well played. :D

There is some herbed bread that I don't now what it is called. It is almost like cornbread with dents in the top. It's not the gluten free stuff. I have only seen it at dinner buffet and not every day. I get it whenever I see it.

Focaccia Bread.