Is there a good beach close to port?

marckc

Brandon's/Brighton Beach is within walking distance of the port. Not much in the way of amenities but it is quite popular with the locals.

Thanks for the reply. Have a shore excursion later in the day. Seeing if there are other things close that we could check out. Let me know if you know of other things of interest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The boatyard Beach club is about a 20 minute walk from the pier area. $15 admission (covers chair/umbrella rental, free drink and a taxi back to the pier). Beautiful beach, clear water, water toys, great facilities, etc.

Taxi back to the port is about $5 each if you do not use the Boatyard taxi transport.

There are other beach clubs in the same area, but most just rent chairs and umbrellas - only the Boatyard had a pier plus water toys and offered a package deal - chair, umbrella, drink and taxi back to the ship. They also offered food (we did not order anything), gift shop, plus changing facilities and showers.

If some do not want to sit I guess they could stroll the beach and then taxi back on their own.

The boatyard Beach club is about a 20 minute walk from the pier area. $15 admission (covers chair/umbrella rental, free drink and a taxi back to the pier). Beautiful beach, clear water, water toys, great facilities, etc.

Thank for the info John!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
There are a few beaches near Bridgeport. The closest one is quite a long walk from the port, however, it'll give you a chance to see downtown Bridgetown,

I wish I had read this before attempting the walk to Boatyard Beach. I kept reading that is was a "15-20 minute walk." Because of the heat & humidity, I never made it to Boatyard Beach. After walking for over a half hour, I just stopped at the first beach, that was accessible from the street. It was a lovely beach and after awhile a few cruisers, from the ship showed up.

Are there any beaches in walking distance from port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is also a free public entrance to the same beach used by the Boatyard. Of course, you get no use of their amenities. I stumbled upon the public entrance when Boatyard had no more lounge chairs and I was not going to then pay their entrance fee. I was heading towards the next beach club, when I saw the beach entry on the right.