destination wedding USVI or on cruise ship?

Trying to decide between a small wedding onboard or a destination wedding. Any helpful info? Leaning toward a USVI destination wedding. Anyone out there done this? Best places? Can you arrange a hog roast on the beach? Any info or tips would be helpful! TYIA

• 3 weeks later...

I would have loved a USVI wedding but after we starting pricing it out for our guests, it became way too much. The wedding packages were always reasonable. I'm having a cruise wedding in the Bahamas because it was affordable for us and our guests and the least amount of stress. We invited 83, 22 have booked... we expect maybe 30 attending. Keeping it small :)

I had a destination wedding on St. Thomas. You can see all the details in my link in my signature (including price breakdown). Having a full wedding can get pricey depending on how many guests you have. Have fun planning!

I have not had my wedding yet, but after many years of research I decided to go with an island wedding. We're doing it at St. Thomas, USVI, and it's more affordable then the wedding and reception through the cruise line. You should absolutely read Bo59rt's review she was my deciding factor. I am currently booked with Island Bliss. The wedding package through the cruise line may seem affordable at first but then you will see your nickeled and dimed. There was something about paying for a reception with food on the ship that I had an issue with, your cruise fare comes with food, so why should you have to pay extra per person for that. It just didn't sit right with me. Good luck with your planning.

<3 Crystal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...