Where are all the Trip Reports?

CStorm

There is a recent thread for pictorial reviews here.

Also, if you go to any page, at the top of the page just under the Cruise Critic name is a menu bar that starts with Reviews. Click on Reviews, and from the drop down menu, select Member Reviews.

Toward the bottom left of the screen you will be send to, there is a section called Cruise Reviews. From the drop down menu under

Search be Destination, select Canada/New England, and search. You may want to filter it by cruise line or cruise ship.

SBtS

You raise a good question. I know that the traditional time for this sailing is in the fall and the summer sailings have only started recently. Perhaps this time frame fits well into the older crowd who are not part of CC.

I have been watching this board for two years and found very little in the way of trip reports - yet the ships sail full - which supports my theory. :)

I keep forgetting this kind of itinerary exists. Good post.

I'm also curious if folks doing these trips run into the same problems at the eastern ports with past "youthful indiscretions" (I.e., DUI etc) that often come up for Alaska cruises/Vancouver. (Meaning, where Canada border patrol is extremely vigilant about not letting visitors with any kind of criminal background even stop at a cruise port.)

I can vaguely recall one travel podcast episode with a report on this itinerary, and I think it was one of the DIS "unplugged" podcasts, meaning it was a DCL ship.

The Canada entry issue is an interesting argument - In looking at my cruise we only have two US ports (excluding Boston). Other itineraries only have the required 1 Canada port - maybe 2.

I still hold onto my demographic theory - that the base demographic of these cruises don't match the profile of the typical CC member.

Although on our roll call, we have 29 members doing the full B2B.

What is the difference between a trip report and a review??????

SBtS

A trip report is often longer, almost always more fun, and frequently has a LOT more pictures. A decent writer can make the details of their day-to-day shipboard activities very engaging for those of us stuck on land.

The Canada entry issue is an interesting argument - In looking at my cruise we only have two US ports (excluding Boston). Other itineraries only have the required 1 Canada port - maybe 2.

I still hold onto my demographic theory - that the base demographic of these cruises don't match the profile of the typical CC member.

Although on our roll call, we have 29 members doing the full B2B.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't using the "Canada Border Patrol" thing as a possible reason we don't hear about these itineraries more often. That was a separate thing I'm interested in anyway. Meaning, I've read quite a few threads here and elsewhere about people running into problems with cruises leaving from or stopping in Vancouver--and I find the topic weirdly fascinating, especially when it's a thing where someone got the DUI decades previously--but I don't think I've ever seen a single mention of a border issue involving an East Coast departure. (Which makes sense, since we don't hear about them AT ALL much.)

The demographic argument seems valid.

A trip report is often longer, almost always more fun, and frequently has a LOT more pictures. A decent writer can make the details of their day-to-day shipboard activities very engaging for those of us stuck on land.
Depending upon the itinerary, such as HAL's Montreal to Boston and back, there's only one sea day, so if people are busy off the ship, there's very little to post about day-to-day shipboard activities. I know what you mean, though. There is a really good, very long review of an Alaska cruise on the NCL board, and it was chock full of pictures. It was a pleasure to read about their adventures.