Carnival 4-day Baja Cruise

AZCAMM

We are thinking of taking a bunch of "Seniors" from our church on this 4 day cruise aboard the Paradise. Has anyone been on this cruise? Would like to know if the staterooms were clean, including sheets & towels. What about food in the dining room? I recently read a review about the Paradise and it was not good. It kinda scared me from booking on the Paradise.....after all, we just came off the Pride which is wonderful & clean & the staff so friendly and helpful. Any info would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
We are thinking of taking a bunch of "Seniors" from our church on this 4 day cruise aboard the Paradise. Has anyone been on this cruise? Would like to know if the staterooms were clean, including sheets & towels. What about food in the dining room? I recently read a review about the Paradise and it was not good. It kinda scared me from booking on the Paradise.....after all, we just came off the Pride which is wonderful & clean & the staff so friendly and helpful. Any info would be much appreciated.

I've never been on Carnival ... so anything I say is strictly what I've heard ...

I'd stay away from a four-day cruise for a seniors group. Four day cruises tend to be "party hardy" cruises ... lots of drinking, pool games, etc. Also, you don't say when the cruise is taking place ... but I'm thinking "spring break." If so, tons and tons of college kids out to have a good time.

Personally, I'd try to do something longer ... like maybe a ten-day Panama Canal ... something where the ambience onboard will be more refined.

Just my opinion, though ... so take it for what it's worth.

Blue skies ...

--rita

• 1 month later...

Hi there. Sorry I didn't see this thread until today.

I was on the Paradise for the 4-nighter in November. It was great! My son sent me to L.A. to visit my daughter - to get me away from my Katrina woes. She booked the cruise a week before sailing, and I totally disagree with the 'party hardy' atmosphere. I'm mid-sixties, and it was no different from any other cruise I've been on.

The cabins were spotless, the cabin steward very attentive, the food and ambiance in the dining room was wonderful, as usual. I don't care for buffets, so didn't try anything there...all three meals in the dining room. The production shows were terrific, and the staff and crew couldn't have been better.

I highly recommend the Paradise for your 'senior' group. I'm sure they would enjoy the cruise.:)

Archived