Booked last minute and price dropped-- question

AmberMarie

Hi there!

I did do some searching in the forums before posting a new thread, but some of the threads were old so I just want to confirm something.

We booked our August 8 cruise sometime within the last two weeks-- so pretty last minute. This morning, I noticed that the price dropped. Is this a "too bad, so sad" type of thing since we are not Early Savers?

Not sure if it matters, but-- we booked with a PVP who gave us a balcony on deck 6 that we are very happy with at what seemed to be a better price than what was on the website. We paid in full that day.... This morning, I mock booked a balcony on deck 9 and 10 (higher cat.), and it was lower than what we paid for our lower category balcony.

We are not looking to move balconies, we were just hoping for a little on board spending money if it's an available option.

Thank you, kind cruise experts, for any insight you may have.

You're right. I'll likely call either way. I guess I just wanted to know my odds going in. :) This is my first cruise to book through a PVP as opposed to an outside agent, and it's my first cruise to book last minute.

My gut, my searching, and the carnival form online seem to say that price drops only apply to early savers-- but I thought it was possible there was a loophole I may be missing.

You're only option is to upgrade. But it doesn't hurt to call your PVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

I was afraid that our only option would be to upgrade. We don't really want to since we got lucky with an L-shaped room with a slightly longer balcony in the lower category.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I was afraid that our only option would be to upgrade. We don't really want to since we got lucky with an L-shaped room with a slightly longer balcony in the lower category.

Definitely keep the L-shaped room! I just did a B2B on the Conquest (9 days total) in one of these rooms and it was awesome. I loved both the way the room was set up and the longer balcony. We were on the 6th floor, and I wouldn't have traded up for a regular balcony room on a higher deck. Carnival may consider those upgrades, but not me.

You're only option is to upgrade. But it doesn't hurt to call your PVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good advice. Did higher level cabins also decrease? That's how we always get a balcony.

Only Early Saver fares are eligible for price drops after final payment date. You'll be wasting a call only to be told you're not eligible.

Sometimes people have been successful though at getting upgraded. Not always though. It can't hurt to ask if you like another location better.

Sometimes people have been successful though at getting upgraded. Not always though. It can't hurt to ask if you like another location better.

Since the OP doesnt want to move cabins think she will be staying put and enjoying her cruise from current cabin.

The balconies on L shaped rooms,are 75 sq ft....more than twice a regular balcony which is 35 sq ft. If you like,to spend time on your balcony that's a huge difference. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The balconies on L shaped rooms,are 75 sq ft....more than twice a regular balcony which is 35 sq ft. If you like,to spend time on your balcony that's a huge difference. Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, wow. Just looked at the deck plans again and you're absolutely right. We definitely got lucky then. We are happy with what we paid and what we got.

For what it's worth, by the time I did the research and went to call, the price went back up. :) oh well.

Thanks, again, everyone!

The balcony will have 2 patio chairs a small table and a lounger with a lot of spare room. A regular balcony has 2 oatio chairs,ans,a small table with hardly any room. Most of the L shaped rooms are a little,smaller with no sofa but it's worth the tradeoff . Have a great cruise