Get with it RCI for crying out loud

The syntax was so bad in the msg you quoted, I couldn't even tell if it was intended as an insult or a first grader who got on Mommy's computer.:rolleyes:

No, just par for the course in a texting world where syntax, grammar, auto-correct and basic English are an option.

Edited by Biker19

In some aspects of daily life you don't have a choice, but in buying a cruise you do. I know what happens when I get crappy service and I have a choice to spend my dollars elsewhere.

I believe you would be better served waking up and smelling the coffee for yourself.

What you say is fine, as long as you can find another cruise line that doesn't have the same problem with its call centers. If not, you may find yourself on another cruise line thread voicing the same dissatisfaction. If you should find that top notch line that can provide you with the quality service you expect, please come back and share your information with us.

Or how about getting a somewhat decent website for customers to work with?? I guarantee that would reduce the amount of calls to any call center offering better service without changing much at all. They're website is quite possibly one of the worst out there....and they don't appear to be too concerned about it.

For the record, I know absolutely zero about building/maintaining a website...but millions of other companies in the world seem to get it right....

Go over to some of the other boards and you'll see the same frustrations ironing out problems with US-based call centres. Let's face it, one of the reasons many of us read Cruise Critic is to acquire information that the agents don't seem capable of providing correctly.

So true! Carnival has call centers in Miami and Colorado Springs. When I call and get a person in Miami I usually hang up and call back, hoping for someone in Colorado. Most of those I have had to speak to in Miami had such strong Caribbean accents that I couldn't understand a word they said. Those in Colorado Springs have been able to solve even the most complicated problems.

So true! Carnival has call centers in Miami and Colorado Springs. When I call and get a person in Miami I usually hang up and call back, hoping for someone in Colorado. Most of those I have had to speak to in Miami had such strong Caribbean accents that I couldn't understand a word they said. Those in Colorado Springs have been able to solve even the most complicated problems.

It's the same with Royal. The people in the Miami call center are hard to understand, slow, and often rude. That's why I call C&A for most everything, since they are only in Oregon and I don't have to hang up and call back. Even if it's not necessarily a C&A issue I still call, because they can book shows/shore excursions/dining, and they can troubleshoot basic things, and if anything goes wrong, they have a resolutions department that can fix it.

The problem is not so much the call centers or training as it is the software it seems, they can see some things you cannot see, changes they make are not visible for a while or they don't pass some internal overnight check so they are dropped. Using a TA just adds a layer as all they can do is call the cruise line and talk to someone, that someone hopefully is more skilled but if they use the same poor software it will not be any better. The basic issue is the software, I am not sure how many different software companies there are for things like cruises since they are a lot more complex than a flight or hotel.

If you look here you will see there are lots of different types of software but it seems the booking software and onboard are two different types. I am not sure just how the two systems interface between booking and onboard. You would think they would offer end to end software but it does not look that way?

http://www.cruiseshipportal.com/categories/other/software.html

Perhaps it depends where you are calling from, but I always book over the phone with RC after looking for what I want on line, and narrowing down my choices, and have never spoken to a call center that was not in the US. I know I have talked to agents in Miami for sure, and a couple of other places; don't remember for sure, but Kansas and Oregon perhaps.

I always speak to someone in Oregon too, used to be other call centers but I think they are closed now? Also, check on line and book over the phone with RCL.

Do not want to use a TA and being the middle person waiting for them to get back to me etc. Done that and now we are in control of our Reservations.

If you call off hours etc. maybe that was the problem, I once had a call center where Eng. was not their 1st language and just called during normal office hours and got Oregon and it was fine.

Good Luck!

Edited by CVU

Or how about getting a somewhat decent website for customers to work with?? I guarantee that would reduce the amount of calls to any call center offering better service without changing much at all. They're website is quite possibly one of the worst out there....and they don't appear to be too concerned about it.

For the record, I know absolutely zero about building/maintaining a website...but millions of other companies in the world seem to get it right....

Before they improved it etc. it used to be OK! But that was years ago, now it needs a ton of work.:D